Why become a member? ×

Ritters

Pete Academy

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='759321' date='Feb 27 2010, 06:33 PM']I know they're an acquired taste but I love Ritter basses. Has anyone gigged one? How do they sound?

I'm intrigued. :)[/quote]

Well...
The sound is very clinical, P-bass sound from the Neck pick and Jazz sound the Bridge pick up.
Together there is a whole plethera of tones to choose from compared to my Foderas' & ken Smith.
You can go from a 'gritty tw***' to earth 'shattering' lows.The Electronics allow the user greater control over the choice of tones.
So, whether you are in to Rock, Fusion, Jazz, R&B, it meets all your requirements.
I have never gigged mine so I tell no lies, but a real piece of 'art'.

Go to the website or better Ritters Myspace domain.

There you have it!

i'm sure they sound great - my problem with them (and other similar basses) are that they are so out-there design wise, I would always feel out of place playing them live. I don't necessarily dislike the looks, in fact I really like the Okon design, but they would stick out like a sore thumb in most band settings. understated they are not :)

[quote name='BigRedX' post='759387' date='Feb 27 2010, 07:59 PM']Surely when you're playing on stage there should be an element of "Look at me!" to your performance that extends to your choice of instrument.

Unless of course you play on a nearly completely darkened stage in which case it doesn't matter what you choose...[/quote]
I thought bassists should be neither seen nor heard, according to popular belief :)

Obviously i joke, but i wouldn't want to be seen on stage with something totally crazy looking. I don't dig the generic precision/jazz look, but i wouldn't want to wear something sparkly/pink/fluorescent/something else crazy either... (unless i was in a funk/disco band!?)

Edited by budget bassist

Sound seems to have been covered, but despite the individual design they are very comfortable to play, seated and standing. On mine the pick up was very close to the strings so almost acted as ramps. Really comfy. The nut on mine was pretty wide, possibly more P than Jazz dimensions. It was also very light. It was a nice piece of kit.