Why become a member? ×

had to happen...

gti1396

[quote name='Dubs' post='751797' date='Feb 20 2010, 02:12 PM']Depending on what bass it is, I'd be tempted just to leave it as it is... it adds to the mojo :)[/quote]

me too. Sanding it down,(or attempting to) could make it a lot worse.
What bass is it? What does the pic look like of the whole bass?

was told by a luthier that chips in the paint that go through to the wood allow moisture to creep in under the paint and top coat, which causes that 'bubble'. Left unchecked, that bubble can grow in area.

The advice I was given is just to use a small bit of enamel paint or cellulose laquer just to seal it to prevent the ingress of moisture.

Just my 2p's worth

T

One of the touch up brush paints from a car shop. You get a choice of "blacks" for a better colour match, it's tough as hell, quick drying & you can built up the layers as and when you can be arsed doing it.
Once you've got it thick enough a light rubbing with Duraglit type metal polish will hide the edges.

Been there done that with my Tele when it got loaned out & came back with an even bigger chip than yours has, but in a similar place.

thanks everyone :)

and to those who wanted to know, it's only a squier jazz, but it's all I got :lol:
the damage is where literally where your wrist is, getting repaired now :lol:

[quote name='discreet' post='752754' date='Feb 21 2010, 01:27 PM']Just wear trainers, then.[/quote]

I meant the store :rolleyes: