Why become a member? ×

Got My New Jazz Bass

HoweDy

Just bought this Fender Jazz 75 Reissue MIJ off www.fareastguitars.co.uk for £695

It is probably the best bass i have played, and i even prefer it to a Ray. I would recommend this website to anyone looking to buy a used Fender made in japan. John Blackman is a great guy to deal with and he makes the process so simple! I don't understand how an american version of this is £1500 and i got this for less than £700! AND the condition is perfect across the whole guitar. Except for the smallest of scratches on the horn shown in the picture.

Incredible. is all i have to say

[quote name='tredders' post='749778' date='Feb 18 2010, 02:50 PM']Good choice - enjoy it!

I got my CIJ 75 Jazz from John @ FarEast, too. Great bass and great bloke to deal with. Now, try it with some TI flats![/quote]

Well mine says crafted in japan on the back of the neck and made in japan on the headstock :) and yes he's a good guy!

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='749805' date='Feb 18 2010, 03:03 PM']I had the same bass 10yrs ago but with pearl block inlays - always wanted the black ones! Enjoy it, they are awesome basses & good to hear some feedback about FarEast guitars[/quote]

sounds cool! I havn't seen another one like it unless its american

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='749865' date='Feb 18 2010, 03:36 PM']lovely bass, I want the marcus miller jazz - I love the 70's jazz look with the block inlays, its a fantastic look[/quote]

I was going to get one, however after looking at lots of reviews everyone said, its awesome for slap bass but not so good for anything else :/ But i agree it looks awesome

Nice bass. For the price difference, and minimal quality difference Japs are definately the way to go.

Top bloke to deal with too. I bought a CIJ 65 Jazz from John. Good price and an awesome bass. Its another one on my 'wish i didnt sell' list (which probably contains all the basses I have sold :) )

many people think that just because it has the U.S.A badge on it then it instantly makes it better. However i have been told by many people that the japanese build quality is better than the usa build quality! And the american pickups are better than japanese pickups apparently! so its win win for me because mine is MIJ/CIJ and has USA pickups!

Such a little difference anyway like you say

[quote name='HoweDy' post='749689' date='Feb 18 2010, 01:59 PM']Just bought this Fender Jazz 75 Reissue MIJ off www.fareastguitars.co.uk for £695

It is probably the best bass i have played, and i even prefer it to a Ray. I would recommend this website to anyone looking to buy a used Fender made in japan. John Blackman is a great guy to deal with and he makes the process so simple! I don't understand how an american version of this is £1500 and i got this for less than £700! AND the condition is perfect across the whole guitar. Except for the smallest of scratches on the horn shown in the picture.

Incredible. is all i have to say[/quote]

Yep - that's kwite luverly! :)

[quote name='HoweDy' post='749874' date='Feb 18 2010, 03:42 PM']I was going to get one, however after looking at lots of reviews everyone said, its awesome for slap bass but not so good for anything else :/ But i agree it looks awesome[/quote]

hmm.. I found it the other way round, I loved its fingerstyle tone over its slap tone... well difference of opinions

if and when I get it, I'm going to put the east marcus pre in it, as I've heard people raving about them

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='750730' date='Feb 19 2010, 11:59 AM']hmm.. I found it the other way round, I loved its fingerstyle tone over its slap tone... well difference of opinions

if and when I get it, I'm going to put the east marcus pre in it, as I've heard people raving about them[/quote]

Yeh man, well your probably right, I havnt played the bass I'm just saying what people told me, if you go on thomann.com and look at the marcus miller bass and listen to the short tracks they give you as demos.

[quote name='HoweDy' post='750899' date='Feb 19 2010, 01:55 PM']Yeh man, well your probably right, I havnt played the bass I'm just saying what people told me, if you go on thomann.com and look at the marcus miller bass and listen to the short tracks they give you as demos.[/quote]

I listened to them yesterday, and still thought it was a really nice fingerstyle tone - but when I tried one, the slap tone was really harsh treble - even when the treble was down