Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 1212 users - venue size / loudness

thisnameistaken

Looks like I'm doing a gig next month where the bass won't be PA'd, the room is 100 capacity, I've been there before but can't remember how big it is, not much bigger than a typical pub ents room IIRC.

The other bands want to use my amp, which is an LH500 into a 1212L. I've only used it for backline before and I'm wondering if anyone's had any experience of trying to fill a room with one? I don't know how loud this rig will go if I give it big beans.

I'm just a bit worried that if I'm the only person turning up with a bass amp and it's not loud enough they'll all be giving me the evils. Especially because it looks so small and puny!

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' post='746790' date='Feb 16 2010, 03:23 AM']Two things you never loan out: Your rig and your girlfriend.[/quote]

Yeah that was one of the first things that popped into my head but we're sharing drums and stuff, so it seems in the spirit. I thought about it and in this situation I don't think anything bad's likely to happen to my gear, and I'll be there the whole time.

Still would like to know if anyone's got experience of pushing these little Schroeder cabs hard. Actually Bill do you have a fancy maths thing that would theoretically give us the answer for a guess-sized room?

Edit: And I've been trying to get people to take my girlfriend for years. Even tried to get her dad to take her back but he says possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='746796' date='Feb 16 2010, 04:31 AM']Yeah that was one of the first things that popped into my head but we're sharing drums and stuff, so it seems in the spirit. I thought about it and in this situation I don't think anything bad's likely to happen to my gear, and I'll be there the whole time.

Still would like to know if anyone's got experience of pushing these little Schroeder cabs hard. Actually Bill do you have a fancy maths thing that would theoretically give us the answer for a guess-sized room?

Edit: And I've been trying to get people to take my girlfriend for years. Even tried to get her dad to take her back but he says possession is 9/10ths of the law.[/quote]

if you're amp has 2 speaker outs, you could ask some else to bring another cab. Even adding a single 15 to your rig will make a lot of difference. I need a 4x10 to keep up with my drummer, although he is a very heavy hitter.

I use my 1212L 4ohm with an LMII head in a loud 7 piece and I easily fill big rooms and do outdoor gigs with it without PA support. If you're going to lend it to other players and they are rude enough to give you evils let them bring their own, which they should be doing anyway.

[quote name='machinehead' post='747144' date='Feb 16 2010, 12:47 PM']For a room of 100 people, even double that, I would say you'll have no problem with the 1212L.

Frank.[/quote]

Agreed.

Its a loud cab and plenty good loud enough for large rooms, as long as you dont have to fill it with wall shaking low end.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='thebassman' post='746818' date='Feb 16 2010, 07:36 AM']if you're amp has 2 speaker outs, you could ask some else to bring another cab. Even adding a single 15 to your rig will make a lot of difference. I need a 4x10 to keep up with my drummer, although he is a very heavy hitter.[/quote]

That's a good idea but it's a 4 ohm cab, so adding another cab would drop the impedance below what my amp can deal with.

Sounds like all you 1212 owners are confident that my cab will be loud enough. I'm quite looking forward to cranking it up now. :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='747267' date='Feb 16 2010, 02:28 PM']That's a good idea but it's a 4 ohm cab, so adding another cab would drop the impedance below what my amp can deal with.

Sounds like all you 1212 owners are confident that my cab will be loud enough. I'm quite looking forward to cranking it up now. :)[/quote]

sorry dude, didn't realise it was a 4ohm cab.