Why become a member? ×

GAS hits of 2010

Linus27

You perhaps thinking of Live at the Bowl? Was watching that on DVD recently, and I noticed that he not only swapped to his MM, but also to a guitar of some sort for the uber-fast Backchat.

Am I also allowed to confess that not only do I want a Precision, but I also want to strip off the paintwork to reveal a natural alder finish? And the compulsory black pick guard too.

Oh, and the two blue Fender picks while I'm at it...

[quote name='M-Bass-M' post='750821' date='Feb 19 2010, 01:01 PM']You perhaps thinking of Live at the Bowl? Was watching that on DVD recently, and I noticed that he not only swapped to his MM, but also to a guitar of some sort for the uber-fast Backchat.

Am I also allowed to confess that not only do I want a Precision, but I also want to strip off the paintwork to reveal a natural alder finish? And the compulsory black pick guard too.

Oh, and the two blue Fender picks while I'm at it...[/quote]

No, it was live montreal. Ive just found it on YT.

In fact ive not seen live at the bowl, ill go and watch that now.

Oh Bloody hell.
I'm happy with my DD and have the Sub to keep me interested in something different. Not wanting for anytihng at the moment.
Then I read a reply in the P vs Jazz thread and someone mentioned a Squier VM jazz and bang, i now want one. Badly.
So badly that im likely to get it in the next week, before my next gig.
I hardly ever used my HW1 jazz so why has this hit me so hard loL.

Might offload the Sub to pay for it or just get even more in to debt.

Bugger.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='756583' date='Feb 24 2010, 10:37 PM']Oh Bloody hell.
I'm happy with my DD and have the Sub to keep me interested in something different. Not wanting for anytihng at the moment.
Then I read a reply in the P vs Jazz thread and someone mentioned a Squier VM jazz and bang, i now want one. Badly.
So badly that im likely to get it in the next week, before my next gig.
I hardly ever used my HW1 jazz so why has this hit me so hard loL.

Might offload the Sub to pay for it or just get even more in to debt.

Bugger.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA Dave you are so funny but I'm just as bad :) Today I am having a Warwick Streamer GAS day. Tomorrow it will be something else and the day after is anyones guess :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='749781' date='Feb 18 2010, 02:51 PM']Dave, my girlfriend is currently going mad about that camera.[/quote]

It's an unusual name for a girl.
Meanwhile, I want this Bravewood 'Early 60s P-Type Bass'.

I also want world peace and an end to poverty, but that's not too likely either.

Basses:
Fender Steve Harris Precision Bass (deposit paid, have it within a month)
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Fender American Standard Precision Bass (White, Black Plate, Maple Fretboard)

Amp:
Ashdown MK500 Mark King Signature Bass Head (if I get seriously bored of my Trace Elliot GP12 Series 6)

Yeah, I love Fender Basses. Gunna stick exclusively to Fender from now on, nothing comes close to how good Fender's are to me, apart from my Tobias Toby Pro 4. But I'll never part with that

[quote name='Linus27' post='756639' date='Feb 24 2010, 11:34 PM']HAHAHAHA Dave you are so funny but I'm just as bad :rolleyes: Today I am having a Warwick Streamer GAS day. Tomorrow it will be something else and the day after is anyones guess :lol:[/quote]

The thing is im not unhappy with what i have.
I think part of it is that the VM is so cheap. Its obtainable. its got good reviews, seems to tick all the right boxes for a cheap back up bass.
I really like the look of your "proper" one and do miss my HW1 a lot more than i thought. Getting a VM will be a cheap option as it will probably get put in a cupboard after a few days.

I put it down to that P vs Jazz thread, it got me thinking more that maybe my DD isnt ideal for all the songs.

God forbid it becomes my main bass :)

I Think i need to go and spend the day at dpreview.com to get this out of my system,.

Edited by dave_bass5

I've still got pretty bad GAS for an Aria Pro II SB1000 and a Kubicki Ex-Factor...

I thought buying a 30th Anniversary Stingray 2 days ago would quench my thirst but its just made me want to spend more... If my bank manager is reading this, sorry! :)

Edited by Clarky72

Damn whoever mentioned an upright! I was going to smugly pronounce my GAS free-ness following last year's magic roundabout that eventually saw me settle on my Roscoe LG3000, TC RH450 and two Purple Chili 112 cabs. But an upright would do wonders for our 'lounge lizard' version of 'Use Somebody'! Damn, damn and double damn...

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='756807' date='Feb 25 2010, 09:51 AM']The thing is im not unhappy with what i have.
I think part of it is that the VM is so cheap. Its obtainable. its got good reviews, seems to tick all the right boxes for a cheap back up bass.
I really like the look of your "proper" one and do miss my HW1 a lot more than i thought. Getting a VM will be a cheap option as it will probably get put in a cupboard after a few days.

I put it down to that P vs Jazz thread, it got me thinking more that maybe my DD isnt ideal for all the songs.

God forbid it becomes my main bass :)

I Think i need to go and spend the day at dpreview.com to get this out of my system,.[/quote]

How did the camera search go?

My girlfriend i selling, I think, the same camera as you.

She wants either a 5D, 7D, or 550D. I think the 5D is top of her list....but it lacks the great video the 550D has.

I GAS everyday. I am starting to struggle with it hahah. But, I am holding back quite well. I have 5 very nice basses. I would like a lovely 5 string, but im tempted to wait and save for 6 months and get a real belter....maybe even some a little more exotic like a Roscoe. But, all in all I love the EB MM Ray 5 sound...so I might go for that. I do still love the idea of a $$ Streamer/Corvette, but the recent price hike has put me off.

I have no amp GAS....no pedal GAS now the Polytune is ordered, but I do have GAS for ANOTHER TC cab....purely as I love cabinets.

I would like a cheap backup bass....a used MIJ would be perfect. I dont want to get something thats a pain to play...so im upping the budget to £300. Lots of stuff around so im waiting for the right bass.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='757005' date='Feb 25 2010, 01:02 PM']How did the camera search go?

My girlfriend i selling, I think, the same camera as you.

She wants either a 5D, 7D, or 550D. I think the 5D is top of her list....but it lacks the great video the 550D has.

I GAS everyday. I am starting to struggle with it hahah. But, I am holding back quite well. I have 5 very nice basses. I would like a lovely 5 string, but im tempted to wait and save for 6 months and get a real belter....maybe even some a little more exotic like a Roscoe. But, all in all I love the EB MM Ray 5 sound...so I might go for that. I do still love the idea of a $$ Streamer/Corvette, but the recent price hike has put me off.

I have no amp GAS....no pedal GAS now the Polytune is ordered, but I do have GAS for ANOTHER TC cab....purely as I love cabinets.

I would like a cheap backup bass....a used MIJ would be perfect. I dont want to get something thats a pain to play...so im upping the budget to £300. Lots of stuff around so im waiting for the right bass.[/quote]

The 550D isnt out until at least next month so for now its something i will get at some point but in no hurry.
For video the 7D is tops but its over 3 times the price of the 550D. Ive been told i can get one for just under £500, body only from a private seller who i (and many others) have dealt with in the past. PM me if you want more info. Its all legit. The 5DmkII (is this the one you mean?) is a great camera but older than the others so it might be cheaper but like you say, its video features are quite basic.

Ive still got no amp or pedal GAS. Im more than sorted for amps as i have a good spare rig already. And if i start to rely on my BDI21 more ill get a Sansamp BDDI but other than that i dont want to use pedals. Cant be bothered with all those extra cables to be honest.

Ive seen the VM Jazz for about £220 new and to me thats a bargain. There is one for sale on here but for £200 and collection so i dont think ill bother with that one. Something second hand around £150 would be ideal though.
By all accounts its a decent player and im not to bothered about a prefect finish, not at this price although i bet its better than the DJ5 you had ;-)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='757031' date='Feb 25 2010, 01:19 PM']The 550D isnt out until at least next month so for now its something i will get at some point but in no hurry.
For video the 7D is tops but its over 3 times the price of the 550D. Ive been told i can get one for just under £500, body only from a private seller who i (and many others) have dealt with in the past. PM me if you want more info. Its all legit. The 5DmkII (is this the one you mean?) is a great camera but older than the others so it might be cheaper but like you say, its video features are quite basic.

Ive still got no amp or pedal GAS. Im more than sorted for amps as i have a good spare rig already. And if i start to rely on my BDI21 more ill get a Sansamp BDDI but other than that i dont want to use pedals. Cant be bothered with all those extra cables to be honest.

Ive seen the VM Jazz for about £220 new and to me thats a bargain. There is one for sale on here but for £200 and collection so i dont think ill bother with that one. Something second hand around £150 would be ideal though.
By all accounts its a decent player and im not to bothered about a prefect finish, not at this price although i bet its better than the DJ5 you had ;-)[/quote]

Hahah, probably! Same here, I want a bass I can not worry about. So, the search is on!

Ill PM you about the camera!

Cheers

[quote name='Linus27' post='758765' date='Feb 27 2010, 12:45 AM']I think this is top of my list. A Warwick Streamer $$ in Natural.

[/quote]

I ALMOST got one of those with 5 strings, for a REALLY good price, but my indecisive ways meant it was sold :)

Now I cant bear to pay the price on the new retail prices. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='759438' date='Feb 27 2010, 09:20 PM']I ALMOST got one of those with 5 strings, for a REALLY good price, but my indecisive ways meant it was sold :rolleyes:

Now I cant bear to pay the price on the new retail prices. :lol:[/quote]

I have just noticed that my German made Corvette Standard that I paid 580.00 last month is now up to 1100.00 :) at Thomman.

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='756857' date='Feb 25 2010, 10:46 AM']Damn whoever mentioned an upright! I was going to smugly pronounce my GAS free-ness following last year's magic roundabout that eventually saw me settle on my Roscoe LG3000, TC RH450 and two Purple Chili 112 cabs. But an upright would do wonders for our 'lounge lizard' version of 'Use Somebody'! Damn, damn and double damn...[/quote]

ooh LG3000 aay?! please show photos, I really want one in emerald green with gold hardware - really is dream bass! :wub: :wub: