Why become a member? ×

'67 Jazz - possible stealth auction?

Bassassin

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-67-Custom-FENDER-Electric-Base-Guitar-PLEASE-LOOK_W0QQitemZ250182292502"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-67-Custom-FENDE...emZ250182292502[/url]

Quite a common speling misteak on Ebay, this one, and it always lowers the number of views an auction gets. Worth bearing in mind that once a bid's placed, the seller can't edit the auction title.

I've mailed him to find out what the reserve is.

Jon.

[quote name='Paul_C' post='82100' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:53 AM']It all points to it being a 1976 model, and the colour could well be original.[/quote]

Yes - you could be right Paul - Fender did indeed do a 'Black Sparkle' finish in the 1990's...
But I don't think this was available in the 70's???

[quote name='99ster' post='82125' date='Nov 1 2007, 10:20 AM']Yes - you could be right Paul - Fender did indeed do a 'Black Sparkle' finish in the 1990's...
But I don't think this was available in the 70's???[/quote]

good point :)

I was looking at a pic of a '62 in Gold Sparkle without noting it was an 80s Custom Shop reissue ...

[quote name='tauzero' post='82182' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:43 AM']If the serial number's genuine, it's about 1975. Three-bolt microwobble neck fixing came in in 73 - are there reissues with that on?[/quote]

My 75 Jazz with three bolt microtilt is as secure as a house. Gigged with it for the last few years, with pas de problemes!

[quote name='Machines' post='82645' date='Nov 2 2007, 08:11 AM']Oh the bitter irony.[/quote]
I take it you're being similarly bitterly ironic? Otherwise I'm wasting my shining wit. Or something like that... :huh: :huh:

BTW I personally wouldn't know a 67 from a 75 Jazz if I was laterally rectally probed by two of them strapped together in the shape of a Maltese cross. Just reportin' like. :)

J.