Why become a member? ×

Good, Affordable Power supplies

Killstarz

[quote name='civictiger' post='746406' date='Feb 15 2010, 07:56 PM']I think so
I was told by a friend before that Boss pedals are made especially to power off of eachother.

but I dont know for sure.[/quote]
Boss TU-2s have another DC jack for supplying power to other pedals, as does the Korg pitchblack.

[quote name='Huwberry' post='748699' date='Feb 17 2010, 05:24 PM']Boss TU-2s have another DC jack for supplying power to other pedals, as does the Korg pitchblack.[/quote]

The Korg DT-10 can power other pedals too, it comes with a daisy chain lead.
My old Sabine tuner had an extra DC jack too and a little lead, i used to power my Hartke VXL off it for a nice neat mini-board

[quote name='Killstarz' post='741787' date='Feb 11 2010, 10:29 AM']Hi guys, looking for a decent affordable (<£100) power supply (brick) for my impending pedal board.

I never realised that they were so expensive!!!

any suggestions?

cheers[/quote]

Maplin do one for about £19 I'm using it on my board and it works great, no noise. More than enough for your needs I reckon.

here's the link

[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=31292"]http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=31292[/url]

I looked at the one from Maplins and initially thought the same as a few here, you must really only get what you pay for at £19. But since reading the couple that said it was ok (combined with my local music shop telling me they were out of stock of power banks and would be for a month) I think I'll take the plunge on one! Will report back tomorrow if I get the chance to go to Maplin! Thanks for the advice everyone, for a first power brick I think I'll risk it :)

Edited by CYDbass

[quote name='CYDbass' post='754408' date='Feb 22 2010, 09:28 PM']I looked at the one from Maplins and initially thought the same as a few here, you must really only get what you pay for at £19. But since reading the couple that said it was ok (combined with my local music shop telling me they were out of stock of power banks and would be for a month) I think I'll take the plunge on one! Will report back tomorrow if I get the chance to go to Maplin! Thanks for the advice everyone, for a first power brick I think I'll risk it :)[/quote]

Not to confuse things more, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned [url="http://www.johnnyshredfreak.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=12&zenid=82894faf24f38baa0e44724e9b9eed23"]this one[/url]?

Identical in operation to the Diago supply that sells for 60 quid, myself and many others on this forum use them and they are brilliant. Better, IME, than the Maplin one, but that's not bad either. The one linked above however is small, has multivoltage input, and can supply a LOT of current while maintaining a quiet output.

[quote name='escholl' post='754453' date='Feb 22 2010, 10:05 PM']Not to confuse things more, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned [url="http://www.johnnyshredfreak.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=12&zenid=82894faf24f38baa0e44724e9b9eed23"]this one[/url]?[/quote]

Hmmmm yeah that does give me another option. I do remember seeing that page before actually. Not sure if I'd like a daisy chain rather than a brick. But I'll look into it, thanks!

my guitarist has the maplin brick. i used to have one and lost it, id probably buy it again if i was on a budget but after looking at that other on in the link above i think i might be going for that when i buy finally stop wasting my money on batteries and get a power supply

[quote name='escholl' post='754453' date='Feb 22 2010, 10:05 PM']Not to confuse things more, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned [url="http://www.johnnyshredfreak.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=12&zenid=82894faf24f38baa0e44724e9b9eed23"]this one[/url]?

Identical in operation to the Diago supply that sells for 60 quid, myself and many others on this forum use them and they are brilliant. Better, IME, than the Maplin one, but that's not bad either. The one linked above however is small, has multivoltage input, and can supply a LOT of current while maintaining a quiet output.[/quote]

I use one of those, they do the job well enough. I don't see the point in spending mega cash on a power supply.

Hi chaps

Im after a power supply for my Tech 21 BDDI, (if I use it non-DI) Aguilar Tone Hammer, (18v again if I use it non-DI) and the new TC Electronic Polytune.

Is it worth me buying a power supply? Or should I stick to batteries?

I have seen the Tech 21 and Aguilar power supplies, and they are upto £40 for both....so may as well get a brick or stick to batteries.

Which is the best power brick for about £60 that can do 9v and 18v?

Cheers

PS The Polytune manual says:

Power in- use a 9 VDC power supply
Power out- If you use an external power supply you may use
PolyTunesTM power out to daisy-chain power to other pedals.
• Do NOT connect an external power supply to POWER OUT. This could cause malfunction or damage
to PolyTuneTM. Current draw on daisy-chained pedals may not exceed 2A.
• Be sure that your power supply delivers sufficient power to cover the power consumption of
all pedals.
• Place PolyTuneTM before drive and distortion pedals for best tuner indication. the receiver.

Edited by Musicman20

Well, I went for the Maplin one and I'm plesently surprised :)
Apart from it being rather much of a big bugger (a lot larger than I was expecting anyway...insert your own gag here...) it seems very good.
Solid case, little or no hum. Rated at 75mA per output and for my individual stompboxes that's fine. A good verdict then :rolleyes: