Why become a member? ×

Oly white CIJ 70RI Precision

Clarky

Yep, its Clarky selling a recently-acquired white P bass again ... This time its surplus to requirements as I have finally managed to strike an agreement to re-acquire my original white P bass, "Sid". Sid has sentimental value to me (I recorded our album with it and have done loads of gigs with it) and is quite beat up, so I don't give a hoot about dinging it. This bass on the other hand is a minter and way too shiny and new-looking to be a beater bass.

Specs: a 70 reissue CIJ Fender Precision (has the nice TV logo headstock), originally owned by BC'er Killstarz. The bass has an added Fender 62RI tort scratchplate and a Seymour Duncan SPB-1 pickup (these are designed to sound like a vintage P pickup). It has holes (neatly) drilled for chrome ashtray covers although please note that I do not have the covers. Fitted with brand new D'Addario Chrome flats in the last couple of weeks. Will come in a Warwick padded rockbag.

Not trying to make a profit so looking for what I paid, which is £420 posted. Would also do it for £400 collected/meet-up

There are some good pics on Killstarz' FS ad from late 2009 (hope thats OK KS?): [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=66806&hl=CIJ"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=66806&hl=CIJ[/url] The bass remains in the excellent condition you can see in these photos.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='732758' date='Feb 2 2010, 12:02 PM']Hmmm, you told me you work the streets in Liverpool.

You're not the lady of the night I thought you were.[/quote]
Got to support my white (bass) habit somehow

Funny how every bass I really lust after goes when I am out pretending to work. This went in about an hour last time.

By the way is this the reissue with the slightly slimmer neck (40mm rather tham 42 ?)

I know it's unlikely but if it doesn't go ahead please give me a shout Clarky. Pretty please.

Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' post='732870' date='Feb 2 2010, 01:13 PM']Funny how every bass I really lust after goes when I am out pretending to work. This went in about an hour last time.

By the way is this the reissue with the slightly slimmer neck (40mm rather tham 42 ?)

I know it's unlikely but if it doesn't go ahead please give me a shout Clarky. Pretty please.

Cheers,
Karl.[/quote]

These do have the slimmer necks but it has gone Karl, sorry!

[quote name='chrkelly' post='733097' date='Feb 2 2010, 04:20 PM']Ha there's 2 of my old basses as avatars in this thread!

How's the 72 going Clarky?[/quote]
Hey Chris, absolutely love the 72 P to pieces! Played it at band practice last night through my new MXR M80 pedal with a little bit of valve-type overdrive and the band mates were super-impressed. I've put back heavier gauge LaBella flats on it (like you had) and its a dream to play.

BTW, to complete the circle I think Lenny is now selling your old silver Stingray in part to pay for my oly white P bass!

BTW, to complete the circle I think Lenny is now selling your old silver Stingray in part to pay for my oly white P bass!
[/quote]

Yup - sorry Chris, but it's just not getting the love it needs! How are you doing? Been a while...

(PS - I think it's your photo in my avatar!)

Edited by Lenny B

[quote name='chrkelly' post='733134' date='Feb 2 2010, 04:39 PM']I'm good Len, just need some more gigs at the mo. Hope you're well.

oh and BTW I actually sold the Stingray to get some cash for the 72 p![/quote]
Is this how a black hole starts? :)