Why become a member? ×

Hi from NJ, USA

Lady Kayri

Yep, another new member. I've been playing for almost 2 years now. Have 2 Ibbys (4 & 5 string), Fender P & J, but my main bass is a Dingwall Combustion I got at the end of December 2009 - I love it! Gig rig is a G-K MB2-500 and NEO 210 cab. Haven't gotten into effects yet, but suppose that'll be the next step, once I get into music that needs some. At the moment bass playing is for fun, no real paying gigs yet; but I have a full time job as well as a second job (which is 2 nights a week 20 weeks out of the year - thankfully, Tues & Weds nights, which don't seem to be big gigging nights here...) Nice to meet y'all!

Live down in the southern most point of New Jersey, Cape May County. (Home to a whole town where most of the buildings date back to the Victorian Era - yeah, not much of a big deal to those of you in the UK & Europe, but not very common here...) We're about 45 miles south of Atlantic City. I've been on TalkBass for a while, & recently discovered this forum - always great to get new viewpoints!

[quote name='Lady Kayri' post='735703' date='Feb 5 2010, 12:38 AM']Live down in the southern most point of New Jersey, Cape May County. (Home to a whole town where most of the buildings date back to the Victorian Era - yeah, not much of a big deal to those of you in the UK & Europe, but not very common here...) We're about 45 miles south of Atlantic City. I've been on TalkBass for a while, & recently discovered this forum - always great to get new viewpoints![/quote]

Hi, welcome! We lived for a few years in NJ, in Morganville in Monmouth County. I bought my Zon from a fantastic music store just north of there. We used to hop down the parkway to Cape May for days out and generally lying on the beach - it's a really nice place. The view from the lighthouse is great and you can get Boddingtons in the pubs! What more can you want? :)