Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warwick Signature Models

Pete Academy

Must be the "Warwick User Kit" that bumps it up. Surprised the specs don't mention which brand of "snake-oil" they use!!

* Neck through
* Available only as 4-string right-handed model
* Body made of Maple (front side) and Ovangkol (back side)
* Matched headstock with Bootsy portrait
* Maple neck,
* Rosewood fingerboard
* 24 frets
* Bootsy Collins black star fingerboard inlays
* active MEC TJ/J pickups
* active MEC 3-band electronics
* Silver Metal Flake finish with black airbrush design
* Dome speed knobs with star inlay
* Chrome hardware
* Warwick tuners
* Just-A-Nut III
* 2-piece Warwick bridge
* Warwick security locks
* Bootsy Collins signature on the truss rod cover
* Warwick EMP-strings: 045" - 105"
* Including Warwick "User Kit"
* Including RockCase® flight case
* Individually issued certificate of authenticity

[quote name='acidbass' post='732172' date='Feb 1 2010, 08:34 PM']I actually really like the look of those Bootsy models, but the price does seem a bit ridiculous. I'd be very surprised if they sold more than 50 worldwide.[/quote]

Well they've only sold about 10 Zender models so don't be too ambitious!

The most expensive signature they do was the TM Stevens (again £5400) purely because of the airbrushing they say.
The Helborg acoustic comes in at a hefty £3000+ (for an acoustic bass guitar?!) and the Alien acoustic is made in Korea, always has been, and is still very expensive for what it is.

The amps are not made in the Warwick factory, just designed and tweaked with there, then they're made in another company in East Germany.
Add to that the price increases twice a year and I think they're gonna be coming a cropper sooner rather than later.....

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='732131' date='Feb 1 2010, 08:01 PM']look in the 'bass' forum, there's a warwick thread and you can see how people are wanting a "Made in Germany" bass someday in the future.[/quote]

I'm really curious about how this will affect the future value of second hand Warwicks from the 90's? Does anyone think they will become highly collectable / sought after?

[quote name='project_c' post='732250' date='Feb 1 2010, 09:25 PM']I'm really curious about how this will affect the future value of second hand Warwicks from the 90's? Does anyone think they will become highly collectable / sought after?[/quote]

Well it's not happened yet. I think at some point the body styles will come back into vogue and the used prices will go back up (or some famous bassist will start using them and everybody will want one) but until then it's bargain old Warwicks all round! :)

FWIW I'd never sell mine anyway. :rolleyes:

I sold the $$, but I still have 2 old corvette's, an old bubinga/wenge/brass nut passive 4 string, and an ash/wenge passive 5 string, both sound beautiful and have that signature Warwick growl, I don't think I could bring myself to sell either of those. I never really understood the point of all those humbuckers on the new models.

[quote name='silddx' post='732231' date='Feb 1 2010, 09:11 PM']Really?! How do you know?[/quote]

I occasionally get PM's from people who I've communicated with on a regular basis or who I've met at local bashes and you'd be amazed how many have said they took ages to twig... or maybe you wouldn't be amazed! :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='732296' date='Feb 1 2010, 10:05 PM']I occasionally get PM's from people who I've communicated with on a regular basis or who I've met at local bashes and you'd be amazed how many have said they took ages to twig... or maybe you wouldn't be amazed! :) :rolleyes:[/quote]
Erm, possibly, possibly not :lol:

[quote name='project_c' post='732250' date='Feb 1 2010, 09:25 PM']I'm really curious about how this will affect the future value of second hand Warwicks from the 90's? Does anyone think they will become highly collectable / sought after?[/quote]

depends when in the 90's, I guess the interesting ones will be pre 1991 or 1993 or whenever they moved factory or whatever it was.

all I know is that I have a lovely natural streamer (stage one) from 1991, it cost me £400 off gumtree last summer, is probably my number one bass and I'm not parting with it!

also which two are you down too Warwickhunt?