Why become a member? ×

ACG Harlot R Type 5 string

lowfer

Right after much playing of other basses i now know what i need in my life. Looking for a straight trade for a fender roadworn Jazz, looking for fiesta red ideally. I would want to keep the hard case that is currently with the ACG, if the roadworn doesn't have one. Ideally want all the case candy etc etc

Here's hoping

Many of you may have seen my rather half hearted advert, i have now decided to do this bass justice

ACG Harlot R Type

Santos rosewood top with 5mm zabrano accent

American black walnut body

7 piece neck, mac ebony/bubinga/maple/wenge

impregnated Zabrano fingerboard with no radius, the fingerboard is flat with the back of the neck changing in shape, sounds unusual but it feels so natural and the neck is fast with great accessibility

ABM bridge

Hipshot ultrlight tuners

ACG EQ01 pre amp

ACG SB pickups ceramic magnet in the bridge and Alnico at the neck

this bass has so much variety of tone and the level of craftsmanship is outstanding. Bass is in excellent condition, will come with a hard case made by hiscox. Links to so sound clips from ACG website

[url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/docs/news/83.mp3"]http://www.acguitars.co.uk/docs/news/83.mp3[/url]

I paid £900 for the bass and i think that is a steal so i am looking at getting my money back, would consider trades with a nice jazz. I am based in near Cambridge, drop me a line at [email protected], have loads more pics if people want any more.

Will consider trade with 4 string Sadowsky, Sei Jazz, Shuker jazz and overwater jazz or any other boutique jazz bass show me what you've got to offer

thanks for reading Nathan

Edited by lowfer

scale is 35", however, because the bridge is so far back on the body it doesn't feel like it. Last bass was a stingray 5 so 34" scale and this bass doesn't feel any different. I will measure the string spacing this evening and get back to you.

Nathan

Can't believe this is still here!
I saw this in it's raw form before Alan finished it, it's a stunning example of an ACG bass and a no radius fingerboard is a revelation once you try it.
I would've had to find the cash somehow if it wasn't so big, I only play 33"ers these days.

Best of luck with the sale mate :)

Free BUMP on me.

Eude

[quote name='Bigwan' post='755478' date='Feb 23 2010, 08:56 PM']Beautiful... and I have a Bongo HH too... Hmm...[/quote]

I used to have a Bongo, they're great basses, but all the ACG's I've tried (and tried a few before ordering one) have been better. I say go for it :)

I still peek at this every bloody day!! Wish I could find a way to pay for it... Can I temp you in a range of my other non-bass worldly belongings.... I may go as far as the shirt I'm wearing :) then a monthly payment plan to make up the difference?... I'll get boxing my Xbox 360 up now :rolleyes: lol

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='lowfer' post='775638' date='Mar 15 2010, 08:27 PM']sorry guys a last push[/quote]

I played this very bass once and it was damn lovely. The quality of these basses is outstanding and at this price a bargain. If I was any good with a 5 I would have had this bass months ago.

Some of them I confess are me trying to find out why it hasn't sold :rolleyes:

This is such a lot of bass for £799 and its a year to get one built at the moment Alans work is so popular. It's just a beautiful bass had a quick play myself. There's not much on here at this price in this quality range, I know its not a major badge but most who play ACG's for awhile buy one. Only silly people selling them to get a jazz part with them :)

Good luck with the sale.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...