Why become a member? ×

Practise amps

KingPrawn

[quote name='KingPrawn' post='714368' date='Jan 15 2010, 09:33 PM']Can i ask. What in your opinion is the best practise amp around at present?[/quote]

I've just got the Ashdown 5:15 mini rig & reckon it's V good for under £200 but there are a lot cheaper/smaller combos out there. How big do you want & how much you plannin on spendin?

[quote name='Tinman' post='715053' date='Jan 16 2010, 06:05 PM']Have you thought of the Tascam MP-BT1 "Bass Trainer"

I have one and find it indispensable. Almost totally silent practicing, brilliant! :)[/quote]

'accept no substitute' and dont leave home without one! just be carefull of the on/off switch. Ive had to reapir mine 3 times, but its easy enough.

Someone else was selling an Ashdown mini rig on here somewhere for about £100
Its in the amps for sell section, Ill see if I can find it for you.
Cheers
Matt

[quote name='Tinman' post='715053' date='Jan 16 2010, 06:05 PM']Have you thought of the Tascam MP-BT1 "Bass Trainer"

I have one and find it indispensable. Almost totally silent practicing, brilliant! :)[/quote]
+2

I have the CD version but would replace it with the mp3 version the minute it breaks. Invaluable tool for practice.

When I like to make a little bit of noise at home though I have a Line6 Lowdown Studio. I plug the Tascam into the aux/mp3 input of the Line6 to play along to CDs.

I quite like the look of this new practice amp from Orange - anyone tried it?

[attachment=40468:Orange.jpg]

[url="http://www.dv247.com/guitars/orange-crush-pix-25bx-bass-guitar-amp-combo--64021"]http://www.dv247.com/guitars/orange-crush-...mp-combo--64021[/url]