Why become a member? ×

please delete - withdrawn

[quote name='bassmat' post='701138' date='Jan 4 2010, 11:33 PM']Hi,all

Epiphone Dot (335 copy) with:

upgraded electrics, dimarzio jazz and a '59 pickups.

comes with an original Gibson case.

Sounds great, with a lovely action and in great condition. Around £350-00

Cheers

Lee[/quote]

I fink your initial price is a bit high.

I know the electrics are upgraded, but brand new, these are about £280

Maybe just have a refink dude :)

[quote name='bigevilman' post='701649' date='Jan 5 2010, 02:44 PM']I fink your initial price is a bit high.

I know the electrics are upgraded, but brand new, these are about £280

Maybe just have a refink dude :)[/quote]

Yes, you maybe right in thinking it is a little high. However, when you buy these from new, at £280, the switch can wear out very quickly, then die. The pickups and electrics are pretty poor quality. Hence, not too long after, or when you realise these issues, you are making these upgrades anyway, or selling the guitar on. I have done it all for you and paid for the pickups, new pots, wiring and John Diggins time to install them.... all you have to do is play it.

Oh, and how many of those 'New' guitars come with a genuine Gibson case to put your nice guitar to sleep in? None, i wager- you have to buy one...

I realise some 'upgrades' that people do, maybe in hindsight, aren't worth the money. Sure you can buy better pickups, but, I'm confident, and know, that this guitar sounds and plays great.

The reason why i'm selling it is because it hurts to play it, due to a car accident... strange but true.

Sorry for the rant

Regards,

Lee

Sorry I think the price aspirations are a bit high for this. I picked up an immaculate one off ebay 2 or 3 years ago for under £200, then spent £30 on new pots. Once set up nice, it has remained a sweet guitar. i would not expect to have to pay £350 for a second hand Epi dot. Not even with such good pickups fitted. No offence.

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='702628' date='Jan 6 2010, 11:30 AM']Can't we leave this fella to sell his guitar? I'd buy it if I had any folding! :rolleyes:[/quote]

+1

That Gibson case is worth at least a ton on its own. I've been looking for an EB-2 fit one for bloomin' ages! :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='702738' date='Jan 6 2010, 12:41 PM']With those upgrades and that case I'd say the price is not unreasonable but for those who don't like the price: why not keep your nose out of it instead of interfering with someone else's sale? If you really can't help yourself at least make it a polite PM.[/quote]

Quite right.
De ja vu? We had this issue recently.Surely a PM would be more fair and appropriate.

But as we're all at it now:Personally I don't think that it's an unfair price, I have an unmodded EPi 335 dot;it's very good and would be even better with some decent pickups. I've often considered fitting some classic Gibson '57s or something similar.
Good luck with the sale. Bassmat

Edited by lonestar

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='702881' date='Jan 6 2010, 02:31 PM']Wow! - Apologies to anyone offended, I thought a forum was a place where opinions cvould be expressed.
Certainly no offence meant on my part. Please consider my comments retracted.
good luck with the sale. :)[/quote]
Well, no offence to you personally either. However, this seems to happen regularly even though the moderators regularly ask for it not to happen.

Hi Guys,

No offence was taken, and hopefully given? Everyone is entitled to their opinion...besides- its good to hear honest, informed views! (i remember when i was young and foolish. hehehe! sorry couldn't resist)

A the end of the day 'you pays your money, and takes your choice'.

Cheers for the positive views on my pricing of this sale.

Big up everyone.

Lee

[quote name='lonestar' post='703208' date='Jan 6 2010, 06:09 PM']assumes weasly man with a small Hitler moustache and clipboard type voice:
" I think that if one checks the rules and guidelines for posting on the marketplace thread..."
:rolleyes:[/quote]
Did Hitler have a clipboard?
Possibly to compensate for having one testicle :)

Don't know about the guitars, but the bass version (Rivoli) used to be made at the Korean Peerless factory, and very highly regarded

[quote name='bassmat' post='702369' date='Jan 6 2010, 12:41 AM']Yes, you maybe right in thinking it is a little high. However, when you buy these from new, at £280, the switch can wear out very quickly, then die. The pickups and electrics are pretty poor quality. Hence, not too long after, or when you realise these issues, you are making these upgrades anyway, or selling the guitar on. I have done it all for you and paid for the pickups, new pots, wiring and John Diggins time to install them.... all you have to do is play it.

Oh, and how many of those 'New' guitars come with a genuine Gibson case to put your nice guitar to sleep in? None, i wager- you have to buy one...

I realise some 'upgrades' that people do, maybe in hindsight, aren't worth the money. Sure you can buy better pickups, but, I'm confident, and know, that this guitar sounds and plays great.

The reason why i'm selling it is because it hurts to play it, due to a car accident... strange but true.

Sorry for the rant

Regards,

Lee[/quote]

Apology's if I offended you Lee, or anyone else, I was just hoping to pass some helpful advice, but obviously, re-reading the listing, it is quite well priced.

Good luck with the sale dude :)

These are great guitars, and yes. they're build by Peerless in Korea (who also built the Gretsch Historic series, which I absolutly adore).

The more recent models have upgraded pickups and pots, so sound a lot better, and don't really need a lot doing to them.

I have an early "Epiphone by Gibson" model, with both brands inlayed into the headstock in mother of pear (and Gibson trus rod cover), and lots of headstock detailing. it looked fantastic, (tobacco burst) but sounded terrible. So, I whipped out the awful original pickups and put in a Gibson Classic 57 and a Gibson T98 hot alnico. The Classic 57 works well, and the guitar sounds very sweet (this guitar needs 11s on it to bring out the tone), the Gibson T98 pickup is too hot for the guitar, a bit too modern rock - and spoils the tone. It sounds like this guitar (the one for sale in this thread) has a much better pickup balance.

If you ever toyed with getting one if these, I can't recomend it enough. Lovely wide flat necks, very comfortable to play, quite skinny profile neck, good tones from nice woods. If you like Ibanez necks, you'll love this guitar.

Mr Marlin

Edited by The Marlin

Cheers Mr Marlin

Thanks for the info

The pickups sound great, i trusted the luthier on the pickup choice -he got it bang on. Through a nice amp it sounds warm and mellow with the treble turned down on the guitar , but is capable of sounding very bluesy too when you crank it up abit.

All the best

Lee