Why become a member? ×

bass distaution

cris the man

It's spelt distortion

There are loads and loads of appropriate distortion pedals. I think you'll get a lot of recommendations on here, but, that won't necessarily help. Are you after a specific sound? If you like the distortion you've already got, try mixing some of your clean signal with it, using a boss LS-2 or a DHA Bob the blender or similar. This should retain some low end and clarity.

[quote name='cris the man' post='76431' date='Oct 19 2007, 11:53 AM']whenever i need distaution i struggle. adding distaution simply saps all the bass out of my bass , are there any pedals that add more bass while adding distaution / fuzz?[/quote]

He bud,
I'm no expert, but there's a load of pedals out there designed to combat that problem.
Bass specific distortion pedals with a blend function so you can mix your clean signal with a bit of dirt.
Boss, DOD, Digitech, even Berhinger do them.
There's also a few pedals out there that work well just by pure fluke like the EHX Big Muff.

I'm sure some folks will chime in here, there's a lot of people on here that love distortion!

Hope that's some help dude!
Eude

I sometimes think we should have a definitive list of pedals that suck all the bass out of your tone, so that none of us buy them by accident. So many so-called "guitar" distortions work amazingly for bass it's annoying when you find one that doesn't.

I've used loads and loads of distortions designed for guitar and bass. My only piece of definitive advice, is don't try a BOSS HM-2!

[quote name='eude' post='76441' date='Oct 19 2007, 11:58 AM']He bud,
I'm no expert, but there's a load of pedals out there designed to combat that problem.
Bass specific distortion pedals with a blend function so you can mix your clean signal with a bit of dirt.
Boss, DOD, Digitech, even Berhinger do them.
There's also a few pedals out there that work well just by pure fluke like the EHX Big Muff.

I'm sure some folks will chime in here, there's a lot of people on here that love distortion!

Hope that's some help dude!
Eude[/quote]

mmmm , i was thinking of getting a EHX little big muff , they are good aparently , you get that kinda muse sound on it

[quote name='Matty' post='76826' date='Oct 20 2007, 12:57 AM']I may be selling a Danelectro Black Paisley, which is full on bonkers fuzz.
But can be "refined" too.

If your interested, let me know.[/quote]

Hey bud,
I might be interested in this come payday.
Consider yourself PM'd...

Eude

I love the fact that basschat is so broad there's someone on here using every kind of sound! I tip my cap to you, sir. I've found that I can use my HM-2 as a pure noise pedal (especially for its ability to amplify mains hum!), but I've never got it to function with my bass tone. If it works for you, that's brilliant. Bargain way to get some fun noises!

So I guess the take-home message about distortion is:

Trust no-one except your own ears. Go try some pedals.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='76740' date='Oct 19 2007, 09:30 PM']why is that mate?

for a full on fuzzy distortion, it is hard to beat. there is absolutely no bass loss, and even boost available![/quote]

Edited by dangerboy

[quote name='cris the man' post='76431' date='Oct 19 2007, 11:53 AM']whenever i need distaution i struggle. adding distaution simply saps all the bass out of my bass , are there any pedals that add more bass while adding distaution / fuzz?[/quote]

My next project is one of these, apparently solves this problem & I'm tired of modding/adapting guitar pedals for bass. Though I'm not sure if these are commercially available or not - maybe someone should start making them(?)
[url="http://moosapotamus.net/THINGS/paraloop.htm"]http://moosapotamus.net/THINGS/paraloop.htm[/url]

Hope this of some use/info
Cheers

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' post='77161' date='Oct 20 2007, 10:38 PM']My next project is one of these, apparently solves this problem & I'm tired of modding/adapting guitar pedals for bass. Though I'm not sure if these are commercially available or not - maybe someone should start making them(?)
[url="http://moosapotamus.net/THINGS/paraloop.htm"]http://moosapotamus.net/THINGS/paraloop.htm[/url]

Hope this of some use/info
Cheers[/quote]

cheers m8