Why become a member? ×

Synth pedal - under £150 - for band use

Currrls

Got lots of christmas money so im looking for a new pedal. I want a synth that i can use easily in a band situation just for making solos a bit more interesting and for making some epic intro kinda things :)

what would you guys reccomend. so far im interested in the digitech bass synth wah.

Second hand is definitely an option so make me an offer if you've got things to sell.

DISCUSS....

for your budget i'd go with the EHX Mass micro synth. A complete beast of a pedal with some really cool sounds. i've got one and it's done me well! The band I'm in (hard rock/synth) hasn't rehersed for about 6 months so PM me if you want to make me an offer on it, though it's not 'officially' for sale as such!

If you want to save up, the markbass super-synth is meant to be really good - like a modern day deep impact.

hi,
don't go cheap on synth, unless you want to sound like a cheap synth.... markbass sounds like the way to go at the moment, but only if you want to make that a major part of your sound. i bought a boss syb-5 recently, and although it makes a few nice noises, the tracking sucks !!, and that is the most vital part of the live utility of a pedal. the best noise i can get is a digital/gated fuzz out of it, and tbh you can achieve similar :) with a good compression & envelope filter + distortion/od. my advice - hang around and wait for competition to catch up with mb, or wait for enough muse-wanabees to lower the price on the deep-impact.
btw - anyone want a boss syb-5 ? will probably swap for a chocolate kettle...

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='694060' date='Dec 27 2009, 12:22 AM']If you can hold out a little longer I'd save up for the new Markbass Supersynth. Early reviews point to it being a Deep Impact / Octavius Squeezer / G5 / BMS killer:[/quote]

I'm pretty suspicious that it's a re-packaged G5. Personally I didn't like the G5.

The Bass Micro Synth is worth a look, especially the older model if you can find one. Plus it can double as a decent analogue octaver and a distortion (with clean blend).