Why become a member? ×

Purple Chili cabs

WonderHorse

I took my 1x12 to rehersals last night, and powered it with a battered Trace Elliot Series 6 amp, (so not even halfway towards its full volume).

It attracted compliments all round about it's build quality, lightness, and sound. This is the first 12" cab I've ever owned so I can't compare it to anything else but I was pleased with it's performance.

Next on Shambo's wish list is a micro amp to release it's full potential and then, if needed, a matching cab. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was gigging in Warrington with my TC Electronics RH450 and PC112's set up on Sunday evening. Really good sound - full, punchy, tight and defined, with bass to spare. As we're only a four piece with one guitar and no keybaords it adds significantly to the sound we generate as a band. I'm really pleased with this set up. And, of course, loading up at the end of the gig is a breeze too!

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='798502' date='Apr 7 2010, 11:07 AM']I was gigging in Warrington with my TC Electronics RH450 and PC112's set up on Sunday evening. Really good sound - full, punchy, tight and defined, with bass to spare. As we're only a four piece with one guitar and no keybaords it adds significantly to the sound we generate as a band. I'm really pleased with this set up. And, of course, loading up at the end of the gig is a breeze too![/quote]

Wish I had known you were playing in Warrington Mark. would have come over for a peek. Where were you at?

As a slight aside, I was using my Zoot's with TC Rebelhead on Sunday and the addition of a GRAMMA Pad. You want a tight "bottom". Get one.
I have had problems in this venue in the past as it has a largish stage and the sound is always "boomy". Have tried in vain to EQ it out to no avail. The Gramma Pad made all the difference.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='798624' date='Apr 7 2010, 01:02 PM']Wish I had known you were playing in Warrington Mark. would have come over for a peek. Where were you at?

As a slight aside, I was using my Zoot's with TC Rebelhead on Sunday and the addition of a GRAMMA Pad. You want a tight "bottom". Get one.
I have had problems in this venue in the past as it has a largish stage and the sound is always "boomy". Have tried in vain to EQ it out to no avail. The Gramma Pad made all the difference.[/quote]

Hi BB,

I think the place was called 'The Seven Woods' - ring any bells? Somewhere inside the M62 it was, in the vicinity of IKEA. It was actually our first gig and we all really enjoyed it. Our singer's a revelation. She does a lot of her own gigs to backing tracks and really knows how to work an audience. She's only been singing lead with us for about 3 months, since the last singer bailed out. If you fancy a trip over to Chester we're doing The Bridge Inn, Tarvin Rd, Chester on Saturday 1st May.

I've been thinking about a Gramma pad actually. Trouble is I like to raise my stack up so it's closer to ear level and use an old Hi Fi stand for the purpose (top tip from Rowbee there!), and a gramma pad wouldn't give me as much height. I'm only a shorts arse but it would still only be a neck level with a gramma pad, I think.

Edited by Bass Culture