Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette $$ 4

xilddx

[b]Warwick Corvette $$ 2006 Black High Polish & Black Hardware[/b]

[color="#FF0000"][b]TRADE for Mackie SRM v2 Powered Monitors (single or pair) [/b][/color]

With the original Warwick Premium RockBag and full user kit, including wax, strap locks, truss rod key, cloth etc.

Everything working perfectly. This is a fantastic bass, plays like butter, incredibly fast neck, amazing variety of superb tones. This has been my main bass for a couple of years and has been totally reliable and a joy to play. Currently strung with DR Handmade Black Beauties 45-105.

[b]Issues:[/b]
*One small scratch to the finish under the lower horn (pic shown).
*Usual Just-A-Nut II side tabs missing. This doesn't present a problem, happens all the time, poor design.
*It has some jewellery attached, tiny cat on the headstock, antique fish brooch on the body, hey you get to play more scales.

Ovangkol Neck - smooth, lovely and tactile, and very fast.
Wenge Fingerboard - like a gorgeous slab of dark chocolate.
Bell Brass Frets - 24 beautifully finished.
Action at 12th 2mm
Action at 24th 3mm

US Swamp Ash Body

Scale length: 34" (long scale)
Passive MEC MM-Style humbuckers
Active MEC 2-way electronics
Two 3-way mini-switches for separate configuration of the humbuckers (serial / parallel / single-coil)
Pull-for-passive volume control

Reasonably average weight, I think about 9lbs, but I don't notice the weight at all, even on long sets, the balance is perfect.

[b]£625 + shipping for this. Or you can collect from me in West London.[/b] The gallery reckon £750 but they'll take 15% commission.

Cheers,
Nigel

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' post='679488' date='Dec 9 2009, 08:04 PM']:) thank you ![/quote]
:rolleyes:

OMG!! Didn't think you'd sell this one Nig?? I had a play on this at the SE Bash last October and it has a great sound and plays like a dream.. A very sexy bass indeed!

Good luck with the sale..

Thanks very much, Nik.

If you look at my feedback thread, you'll see why I need to sell :rolleyes:

I really thought I would NEVER sell this one, but I need to balance the books. I feel pretty down about it, but I have just bought an amazing Wilkins Jazz from bobpalt, and a Steinberger doubleneck from sixshooter which I totally need for Kit's band. I'll almost certainly get another one at some point, they are fantastic basses, but I'm so fickle and couldn't resist the Wilkins Jazz.

BTW, I fly in the face of the BC Marketplace regs on this, feel free to discuss price :)

[quote name='silddx' post='680405' date='Dec 10 2009, 04:45 PM']Be honest, would the fish (it's a perch, my favourite of the British freshwater fish :)) put you off this bass?[/quote]

if i were in the market for a $$ (which as i bought project c's a few weeks back, i'm not), then it would.

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='680438' date='Dec 10 2009, 05:28 PM']I reckon a tench would make it look classier, perch are soooo last friday :)[/quote]
Ah, I love tench, I had my first a few months ago, a lovely three and a half male. That was a really happy day as I'd been after one, came at the end of the day, my only one.

[quote name='ahpook' post='680433' date='Dec 10 2009, 05:20 PM']if i were in the market for a $$ (which as i bought project c's a few weeks back, i'm not), then it would.[/quote]

Thanks for being honest ahpook, appreciated.

Is it the species or fish in general? Or is bass jewellery simply a no no?

[quote name='ahpook' post='680829' date='Dec 10 2009, 11:43 PM']it's less taxonomy and more aesthetics for me.[/quote]
:) Thanks mate.

I'm thinking I should keep it really and balance my books some other way. I become slightly lachrymose every time I look at this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='silddx' post='680727' date='Dec 10 2009, 10:08 PM']Ah, I love tench, I had my first a few months ago, a lovely three and a half male. That was a really happy day as I'd been after one, came at the end of the day, my only one.[/quote]
Sorry saw a reference to fish.
Caught my one and only Tench, similar weight, about 6 years ago. That and a 4ib bream have been the best fish I've ever caught. Caught bigger but they were just beautiful, and somewhat unexpected.

Come on someone, if I was in the market for another bass, I would have no qualms about this one, just look at it.

All the best with it mate, if you were selling the one you refinished in white I'd probably sell one of the kids to an American to raise the necessary.

Thanks very much, guys, appreciated.

I'm really reluctant to let this bas go. I played it for a little bit yesterday after having cased it a couple of weeks ago, and I'm wondering what to do, it really felt like an old mate. A bass has to go though and I love the new Wilkins Jazz too. I suppose it's a nice decision to have to make but I wish I didn't have to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need a quick sale on this now, or a trade for Mackie SRM v2 powered monitors.

Final price drop £675 firm. This is an absolute bargain for this bass, but I'm in a bloody hurry to sell, I need other stuff urgently!

Fanx.

Edited by silddx