Why become a member? ×

One of them funny looking Yamaha SBVs

Mr. Foxen

[quote name='nick' post='676924' date='Dec 7 2009, 05:46 PM']I have added further close up photos, hence the statement [i]"Will post more detailed photos tomorrow"[/i] :rolleyes:

Just for your information, I have nothing to hide with regards to selling this bass or indeed anything else, you can check my feedback on Ebay & [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48098&hl=nick"]on here[/url] to back this up.
Hope this helps lay any of your suspicions to rest.[/quote]

Whoooooah sh*t! :lol:

Sorry Nick, I had no idea that was you! :lol:

Any criticism of your photography, real or implied, intended or accidental, is hereby unreservedly withdrawn. :)

[quote name='Paul_C' post='677343' date='Dec 7 2009, 11:16 PM']

that was the most expensive iirc, at £500ish before shipping and duties[/quote]

Thanks! Is there any difference between that and the other P-J config SVBs other than the colour and fingerboard binding?

Also I wonder why Miki Furukawa got a signature model when the other high profile user - Fumi from Polysics didn't?

As I said in the other thread, if there was a 5-string version, I'd probably own one.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='BigRedX' post='677569' date='Dec 8 2009, 09:53 AM']Thanks! Is there any difference between that and the other P-J config SVBs other than the colour and fingerboard binding?

Also I wonder why Miki Furukawa got a signature model when the other high profile user - Fumi from Polysics didn't?

As I said in the other thread, if there was a 5-string version, I'd probably own one.[/quote]

IIRC the pickups were different, along with all the hardware etc.

There was a 5 string, only 50 made though, and I've only ever seen the following pics of it:

a signature bass for a band called Terry (Takeshi Terauchi) and the Blue Jeans :)

[quote name='BigRedX' post='677748' date='Dec 8 2009, 12:07 PM']Argh!!

GAS

Thanks... I think?[/quote]

:)

You'll have to keep googling and see if one turns up at Ishibashi, etc. - I tried to buy a 60s SB from a shop in Japan and they refused to sell me it, even when I offered to pay them their price, the shipping, plus another £50 !

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='677504' date='Dec 8 2009, 08:49 AM']Whoooooah sh*t! :lol:

Sorry Nick, I had no idea that was you! :lol:

Any criticism of your photography, real or implied, intended or accidental, is hereby unreservedly withdrawn. :)[/quote]

No worries mate - no harm done.
I know I'm no photographer & the camera I have isn't the best in the World. :rolleyes: Did think about taking some pics from the web & putting them up, but to be honest I sometimes feel that when sellers do that, they may actually have something to hide too. At least my bass exists, sh*te photos or otherwise! :lol:

Wish I hadn't seen Paul_C's lovely photos other SBVs now, starting to regret selling this already - kind of inverse GAS(!?)
Oh well....

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' post='678066' date='Dec 8 2009, 03:53 PM']No worries mate - no harm done.
I know I'm no photographer & the camera I have isn't the best in the World. :rolleyes: Did think about taking some pics from the web & putting them up, but to be honest I sometimes feel that when sellers do that, they may actually have something to hide too. At least my bass exists, sh*te photos or otherwise! :lol:

Wish I hadn't seen Paul_C's lovely photos other SBVs now, starting to regret selling this already - kind of inverse GAS(!?)
Oh well....[/quote]

they do look even better when there's more than one, that's for sure :)

[quote name='Paul_C' post='678078' date='Dec 8 2009, 03:59 PM']they do look even better when there's more than one, that's for sure :)[/quote]

Aaah...don't do it!!

Just out of interest & possibly a daft question; why did you have so many of them?

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' post='678190' date='Dec 8 2009, 05:08 PM']Aaah...don't do it!!

Just out of interest & possibly a daft question; why did you have so many of them?[/quote]

mostly because it was fun :)

I bought the first one because I liked the shape, then a second one (yellow) to play in BEAD, then it all went a bit crazy. .

I was trying to get one of every model and in all the colours before I realised just how many that meant (27) though eventually I settled on just trying to get one each of the four colours the vintage models (SB-2A SB-5A and SB-7A) came in.

With that in mind the total came to 19, and I got to 16 before realising it was a bit mad - the failed attempt to buy an SB-2A from a Japanese shop was not the only long-distance discussion I had. One day someone pointed out that if I sold each one for £200 then it would come to £4K, and that did make me think :rolleyes:

So I sold them all off, but I have bought the pale blue one back since then (now defretted).

Edited by Paul_C

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1001797' date='Oct 26 2010, 10:01 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/yamaha-sb-2a-1967-70-bass-guitar-surf-bass-/290492766863?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item43a2b7da8f"]Think this is an old one?[/url][/quote]

Yep.

J.