Why become a member? ×

Thoughts and opinions on pickguards for a walnut jazz?

gafbass02

It's the cij jb-62 wal but just the body off reliable fender going for a black n gold/brass thang. The neck will be a squier for now till I can afford a nice one. (or till I've paniced and flogged it to get cash back )
having looked at the pics it looks like it has an internal bridge earth route unlike most 62ri's

[quote name='gafbass02' post='671558' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:09 PM']It's the cij jb-62 wal but just the body off reliable fender going for a black n gold/brass thang. The neck will be a squier for now till I can afford a nice one. (or till I've paniced and flogged it to get cash back )
having looked at the pics it looks like it has an internal bridge earth route unlike most 62ri's[/quote]

Interesting. looks lovely!
Enjoy mate :)

Let's have a piccy of the bass then, so we can see the bit of walnut in question!

I love my natural finish walnut Status with black hardware. It's a gorgeoud wood, so unless you got a nasty bit I'd say show as much as possible with a see-thru guard or none at all.

[quote name='NickH' post='672722' date='Dec 3 2009, 01:36 AM']Let's have a piccy of the bass then, so we can see the bit of walnut in question![/quote]

Exactly... although it'll look nice without a pickguard I'm sure. I removed the p\g off of my '62 Jazz (brown tort!) and now it wont fit back on!
I know with some jazzers there's a routing channel that makes this not an option.