Why become a member? ×

johnson jazz style bass body ( fully loaded )

Ive decided that i want to start a precision project so this body has to go to get the precision project ball rolling.

I bought this as a full bass 4 months ago and immediately got rid of the neck as it was way to bulky and just didnt feel right, i know im gonna take a massive loss on this but its just not gonna get finished.

The good news is the body is 99.9% mint, there are some small scratches at the back of the bridge where i"ve changed strings but other than that its immaculate. the body is made from solid alder, the pickups are johnson/EMG.
I"m not sure of the exact colour but im pretty sure its as close to Fiesta Red as your gonna get.
I"m open to offers on this.
I Also have a brand new chrome bridge cover thats never been on a bass, its no good to me so if anyone has a chrome bridge cover for a precision and they fancy swapping that would be great.
Get that jazz project you"ve always promised yourself started, this is a seriously nice body.

If i had advertised this body has having seymour duncan pickups with cts pots and swithcraft jack then people would have been all over this advert like a ferret up a drainpipe, but because the name is "Johnson" all the bass snobs automatically think its a load of c**p, the body is a solid Alder body which is a quality piece of wood which ever way you look at it, i suggest all you bass snobs really get a life as your giving all genuine bass players a bad name.
The original advert i had no replies but no doubt i"ll have plenty replies to this one.
Get a grip people, your an embarrasment to the bass playing community

[quote name='blazer3' post='671766' date='Dec 2 2009, 12:47 AM']If i had advertised this body has having seymour duncan pickups with cts pots and swithcraft jack then people would have been all over this advert like a ferret up a drainpipe, but because the name is "Johnson" all the bass snobs automatically think its a load of c**p, the body is a solid Alder body which is a quality piece of wood which ever way you look at it, i suggest all you bass snobs really get a life as your giving all genuine bass players a bad name.
The original advert i had no replies but no doubt i"ll have plenty replies to this one.
Get a grip people, your an embarrasment to the bass playing community[/quote]

:)

If its any consolation, in my experience the "bass snobs" are not buying Warwicks or Musicman at the moment either!

[quote name='blazer3' post='671766' date='Dec 2 2009, 12:47 AM']i suggest all you bass snobs really get a life as your giving all genuine bass players a bad name.[/quote]
Every considered a course in salesmanship? :)

A price would help your cause no end.

Edited by stevie

[quote name='blazer3' post='671766' date='Dec 2 2009, 12:47 AM']If i had advertised this body has having seymour duncan pickups with cts pots and swithcraft jack then people would have been all over this advert like a ferret up a drainpipe, but because the name is "Johnson" all the bass snobs automatically think its a load of c**p, the body is a solid Alder body which is a quality piece of wood which ever way you look at it, i suggest all you bass snobs really get a life as your giving all genuine bass players a bad name.
Get a grip people, your an embarrasment to the bass playing community[/quote]

Having got some cash together and sourced a neck, I was about to PM you with an offer.

Never mind...

Edited by skankdelvar

I have a Johnson White P-Bass here if anyone is after a project bass. Its immaculate, as new. Again solid Alder body, good hardware!

[quote name='raze' post='672197' date='Dec 2 2009, 03:55 PM']LMFAO I think a price might have done your sale more good that a load of abuse
I personally cant even be arsed to ead the rest of the advert if I cant see a price[/quote]

[quote name='BassKS' post='672104' date='Dec 2 2009, 02:13 PM']I suppose he got a bit frustrated. Fair enough, stuff sometimes dont shift as quickly as want it to.[/quote]
Yeah, but do you start throwing your toys around like a 5 year old and calling everyone a "snob" and an "embarrassment"..? I doubt it.