Why become a member? ×

My Two Blue Boys

AndyTravis

Here we go, finally got the Badass II sorted on my Jazz, so here are some photos.

Bit of back story;
I'm obsessed with the colour blue, always chose the blue ball, the blue bike, my favourite Thundercat was Panthro because he was blue (80's kid), i always had blue hats and blue trainers etc.
As i've got older, it's turned into a gear thing. Around 11 years ago, you could get Squier Standard Jazz Basses in Lake Placid Blue, but my mum and dad couldn't afford it, i tried one every weeken at Sound Control Salford, i ended up with my Yamaha BB300 instead, smart move i guess, but it wasn't 'that' blue like the Squier.

So, i like blue gear now, and i can afford it, and my missus lets me off with it, as she thinks it's pretty.

[b]2007 Rickenbacker 4003 In Blueburst.[/b]
A boyhood dream come true, i used to have a school book covered with the old Wharfdale Advert with a black Ricky 4000 on it.
We ordered these through work, a load of cancelled orders at Rosetti, it's my 'dream' Ricky, i nearly went for a Midnight blue, as i thought Blueburst was long gone (colour of the year 2005), but Rickenbacker are crazy, and two years late - so i got exactly what i wanted.

[b]2002 (?) Fender 75 Reissue Jazz Bass Factory Special Run Lake Placid Blue.[/b]
A more recent aqcuisition, from HiPeron on BC.
I have been stalking these for years, and never had the cash, but, i spotted one on here, and pounced.
Now Badassed, and Bell covered, it's now my main bass.

Anyhow, there will be a third (Fourth if you count my Telecaster) addition to my 'Blue Family' On Wednesday, i'm having my Jap 60's reissue Precision delivered, it will be getting the '64 treatment, i have the covers, thumbrest and parchment pickguard ready.

Enjoy the dirt. Until other blue dirt arrives.

Trav