Why become a member? ×

Guitar exotica heaven.

A few of you may remember that I have the unpleasant job of selling some guitars for a friend's widow.

I need to do a lot of work to clean, photograph, date and price up all these but this is what will be on offer after I've done all that. It will be easier to try and sell these here due to transport issues. Whatever is left (if not all, as the French have just as little money as the UK at present) will be offered on Basschat and then Ebay. Transport will then be arranged via a reliable insured courier although the possibility exists that I may be able to bring them over to London/Essex.

This is now what is for sale. With prices. Mail me with any requests for more pics. Ignore the two PRS 22 customs. They have both gone.

1974 Strat 3 bolt (unfortunately with a licensed Schaller Floyd and 3 Seymours) Natural. £800
1988 USA Neptune Kramer Baretta 1 "Eye" graphics by Klein. £550
1985 Kramer Baretta, black, USA custom order. £500
1991 Heartfield Elan3 Dimarzio HSH and real Floyd. Transparent red. £1200

Les Paul gone gone gone....

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='molan' post='669306' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:11 PM']+1 to that.

I'm a sucker for green guitars, lol.[/quote]

Funnily enough, the French guy that just bought the red one told me the green one made him feel sick to look at it. (Weird)

Always loved the Berettas... and I'm strangely drawn to that butchered '70s Strat, even though I don't like natural finishes or maple necks - I guess it's good to know that not all the classic Fenders escaped the '80s big hair days. This one suffered so that all the suspiciously pristine ones could live.

Er, or something...

[quote name='Chipps' post='671772' date='Dec 2 2009, 02:06 AM']Always loved the Berettas... and I'm strangely drawn to that butchered '70s Strat, even though I don't like natural finishes or maple necks - I guess it's good to know that not all the classic Fenders escaped the '80s big hair days. This one suffered so that all the suspiciously pristine ones could live.

Er, or something...[/quote]

Well, the Strat is now up for sale as I've only had daft e-mails from French guys asking if I can put the original trem and pickups back on. DUH?

In addition to this, I cocked up the dating and now having gone further into it with Strat Central and being told NOT to trust the Fender website. It's a 74 NOT a 77. Here's a link to one of the many sites with better dating info.

[url="http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx"]http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx[/url]

Log on, enter serial (571240) no prefix and it will come up.

So even more vintage-ier if that's a real word. In fact, how much more vintage-ier can it be? none, none more vintage-ier. Anyway, it's here, has a possibility of getting back to London / Essex on Monday night and is £800

Edited by leschirons

Real sorry to hear about the circumstances. I always feel a bit melancholic when I see an instrument that used to get played a lot but falls silent when the owner passes away. I guess that all my stuff will go that way some day as Mrs G is a lot younger than me.

The two PRSs and the Gibson would all have been right up my street though.