Why become a member? ×

Boutique pedals

paulie

I am selling some unused pedals to make way for a new acoustic bass.
I went through a phase of buying pedals for my bass set up each time I was visiting the UK or the US. I acquired quite a few over the past few years most of which I have never used. Now I am selling up. So heres what I have :

Homebrew Retro Compressor : £100 (brand new in its box)
MXR Dyna Comp : £60 (brand new in the its box)
Tech 21 XXL Bass distortion : £70 (mint in its box)
LEHLE Dual : £110 (mint in its box)
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus (US model 8 years old) : £50 (perfect condition in its box)
Electro harmonix Bass Balls (US model 9 years old) : £50 (perfect condition in its box)

I can send photos of any of these to you if you wish.

Paul

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='668028' date='Nov 28 2009, 09:42 AM']Not exactly boutique, I got excited for no reason at all...free bump and good luck.[/quote]
you only get excited by boutique stuff? You are missing out on a whole lot of tone my friend.

[quote name='Kev' post='668146' date='Nov 28 2009, 11:41 AM']you only get excited by boutique stuff? You are missing out on a whole lot of tone my friend.[/quote]

I didn't suggest I only got excited by boutique stuff. Not sure what you mean by 'missing out on a whole lot of tone'...

[quote name='DanOwens' post='668215' date='Nov 28 2009, 01:02 PM']What's the Homebrew like?

Dan[/quote]

Hi Dan

The Homebrew is gorgeous. I have used numerous comp pedals before but found them to either be too subtle like the EBS or way over the top in terms of compression. This one just gives you a nice natural sounding compression, like a nice warm valve amp actually!

Paul

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='668388' date='Nov 28 2009, 03:52 PM']I didn't suggest I only got excited by boutique stuff. Not sure what you mean by 'missing out on a whole lot of tone'...[/quote]
the best tones i have had have generally come from 'standard' pedals, rather than 'boutique'

anyways back on topic, BUMP :)

[quote name='Kev' post='668467' date='Nov 28 2009, 05:00 PM']the best tones i have had have generally come from 'standard' pedals, rather than 'boutique'

anyways back on topic, BUMP :)[/quote]

I generally agree (I've got Boss, DOD, Rocktron, EHX on my board) but I get particularly excited by boutique pedals, not sure why...:rolleyes:.

The lehle dual looks interesting - Im guessing you can run two different amps and switch between them or have them both on?

My thinking is this and I'd appreciate your input:
Setting up my wee line 6 studio 110 for a dirt sound going thru DI or mic out to the desk to be blended with my clean tone so I keep the bottom end intact and have the dirt sit like a creamy layer of delicious on top?

How did you run the Lehle out of interest bump

:)