Why become a member? ×

Should I....Shouldn't I?

geoffbyrne

[quote name='NickH' post='669609' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:08 PM']at that price you can't go wrong. If you don't like it sell it on at minimal loss.[/quote]

I picked up the 4 string version on a Basschat trade. I think this one has been through a few hands on this forum. It's sturdy with a great neck and a lot of tone. Yours sounds like a great deal. Not sure I'll keep mine forever but I have to agree with Nick. What's to lose? Go for it!

I went to look at it & it was a bit 'reliced' around the back edges, & a couple of screws missing from the pickguard. Looks fine from the front, though. I haggled & got it for £100.

Neck is pretty 'sturdy', but great action & plays really well. Pup sounds like it's wired in series.

It's the 1 vol & 2 tones centred on different frequencies variety. If it had been the 2 coil/vol type, I have an Artec 2 band I would have put in it.

Does anyone know if it's easy to open up this pickup & put separate leads on the coils?

Needs new strings. I'll put up picks when |I get back home - I'm on a trip for a week at the moment.

G.