Why become a member? ×

Which make of strings are these?

ianwild16

[quote name='ianwild16' post='665660' date='Nov 25 2009, 10:01 PM']Does anyone know which make of string uses the different coloured loops on the retaining loop?
They are on my new CV jazz...they still sound quite good even after a gig and plenty of home noodling.
Thanks
Ian[/quote]
D'Addarios is what they seemed to be on my CV Jazz - although I had them off and replaced in about 15 minutes.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='665667' date='Nov 25 2009, 10:09 PM']D'Addarios is what they seemed to be on my CV Jazz - although I had them off and replaced in about 15 minutes.[/quote]

Nice sounding strings but the tension of D'Addarios is unreal , I used them for a while as they sounded really good but after a few months of using them I felt like my fingers were gonna fall off , felt like I was playing iron bars

[quote name='markdavid' post='665698' date='Nov 25 2009, 10:42 PM']Nice sounding strings but the tension of D'Addarios is unreal , I used them for a while as they sounded really good but after a few months of using them I felt like my fingers were gonna fall off , felt like I was playing iron bars[/quote]
I didn't mind the tension but they were roundwounds. MY CV Jazz is now wearing Pyramid Black Nylon Flats.

[quote name='Count Bassy' post='669134' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:40 PM']and a light violet for a B string.

Does the colour actually change according to the gauge or with the nominal note?[/quote]

If the acoustic guitar sets are anything to go by, it's the note that matters.
Assuming standard tuning.

• 1 month later...