Why become a member? ×

Thunderfunk 550B + x2 Aguilar DB 12's

warwickhunt

[s]Not 'absolutely' certain that this is definitely going but I'm running through a PA with bass bins now so I don't 'need' a rig that can fill a pub room with low end, hence my buying a 300w combo and selling this.[/s]

Or NOT as the case may be! :)

I'd kick myself if I got rid of this rig... no matter how much more convenient a 2x12 combo would be. Now if TF did a 2x12 neo combo! :rolleyes:

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='Musicman20' post='657657' date='Nov 17 2009, 11:36 PM']Very nice bit of kit, good luck. If I didnt own too much Id be interested in the 1x12s.

You opting for the Tecamp combo?[/quote]

'If' the Tecamp does it live for me with PA support then yes BUT if it doesn't equal this rig then the Tecamp goes the journey and I stay with this. House and rehearsal volumes the Tecamp is fine but live is where it matters for me.

[quote name='uzzell' post='657667' date='Nov 17 2009, 11:51 PM']I appreciate that you would prefere a combined sale but how much would you take for the cabs if you were to split?[/quote]

'If' I split I'd want whatever the going rate is for these cabs in mint condition with covers. :)

Why don't you take the TF and one cab or just the TF? If you're looking for on stage monitoring in conjunction with FOH then this amp and its DI won't be beaten.

I recently did some recording and used the TF DI post EQ with my usual flat-ish live setting. The engineer said it was the best bass sound he'd heard coming into the desk for years.

[quote name='chris_b' post='657966' date='Nov 18 2009, 11:53 AM']Why don't you take the TF and one cab or just the TF? If you're looking for on stage monitoring in conjunction with FOH then this amp and its DI won't be beaten.

I recently did some recording and used the TF DI post EQ with my usual flat-ish live setting. The engineer said it was the best bass sound he'd heard coming into the desk for years.[/quote]

It's all about portability and compromise. I never gig with just one cab even if I am going to use the PA so it's a case of 2 Aggies and a TF or a combo with the same speaker displacement but the weight of just ONE Aggie cab! Odd though it may seem these Aggie cabs when combined have a resulting tone greater than the individual parts. :)

I am looking forward to pairing up two Ag12's if they sound significantly better that a single.
I am happy enough sound-wise with just the one but the gains of having two seems a win-win...plus they both go in my car boot...so a win again..!!!

[quote name='JTUK' post='658883' date='Nov 19 2009, 08:52 AM']I am looking forward to pairing up two Ag12's if they sound significantly better that a single.
I am happy enough sound-wise with just the one but the gains of having two seems a win-win...plus they both go in my car boot...so a win again..!!![/quote]

Honestly you'll be amazed at the difference; greater than the sum of the parts. I'm sure Alex, Bill et al will be able to give the science behind it! :)