Why become a member? ×

Please help me!

This is a personal request. I list stuff on eBay on a regular basis (some BCers have bought my items when it was under a different user name) so I am no numpty BUT... I have some items that are attracting the same stupid questions everytime that I list them. Could you look at the listing with fresh eyes and tell me if I'm missing something.

The problem is that people are constantly asking the same inane questions (see at the botom of the listing). Following previous listings where I got the same questions I've made revisions, I think I've made the listing pretty clear?

The listing may not be perfect and you don't need to analyse it, just have a quick look and tell me if it is massively confusing or do you understand what you would win if you bid.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180164893858&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=008[/url]

Cheers

Edited by warwickhunt

Theres nowt at all wrong with your listing Ebay is just full of numpties!!!

Out of curiosity how much do they normally go for? Tempted to bid myself. If I win how do I know which one I'll get ? is it pot luck?!! I'll get my coat :)

Mike

Edited by mikeh

[quote name='mikeh' post='70237' date='Oct 6 2007, 10:36 AM']Theres nowt at all wrong with your listing Ebay is just full of numpties!!!

Out of curiosity how much do they normally go for? Tempted to bid myself. If I win how do I know which one I'll get ? is it pot luck?!! I'll get my coat :)

Mike[/quote]

I'm glad the consensus is that it's users that are daft and not me.

re. you being tempted... You know what eBay is like! If you check out my feedback you'll see that I've sold them for anything from £10 - £20. If you want to stick a bid in I'll do 10% discount to any BCer.

I think the problem is that people are stupid, and Ebay purchasers doubly so. :)

I think if I were you I'd bite the bullet & list the two different models separately. I'd also just show a picture of a single one, and just send out the colours randomly - I doubt if people are too bothered what colour they get.

Jon.

Thanks for all the responses, at least I now know that I wasn't missing anything obvious (other than eBay attracts more than it's fair share of fools). I'll also take on board the various suggestions including mailing random wrong items to any fellow BCers that might bid on my items :)

Thanks again.

It seems pretty obvious to me, but maybe people are thinking it's some kind of dutch auction - the highest bidder gets to chose the one they want and the runners up have to choose from what's left? :)

There's no accounting for some of the idiots that you get on ebay.

What's the thinking behind doing the auction like that? Presumably it's so bidders who are after different tools have to compete and drive up the final price? Good idea.

[quote name='Musky' post='70312' date='Oct 6 2007, 02:50 PM']It seems pretty obvious to me, but maybe people are thinking it's some kind of dutch auction - the highest bidder gets to chose the one they want and the runners up have to choose from what's left? :)

There's no accounting for some of the idiots that you get on ebay.

[b]What's the thinking behind doing the auction like that? Presumably it's so bidders who are after different tools have to compete and drive up the final price? Good idea.[/b][/quote]

Got it in one!

In my opinion it's the best way of maximizing my sale... hopefully people don't view it as cheating. At the end of the day the highest bidder gets exactly what they want.

I'm afraid there's lot of big words in your auction

[quote]These items are used. They all have some degree of handling wear to the outer casing and as seen in the listing photograph, some are better/worse than others. The item that you purchase will have been cleaned, oiled and checked and will not have any significant defect that could affect the use of the tools in any way. Please indicate whether you would like a P4 or an S4 and the colour of your choice, you will receive one of the items shown in the listing. If you would like further pictures of one of these particular tool please feel free to contact me and I'll try my best to get back to you as soon as is possible. Please note the winning bidder of my last listing still hasn't indicated which of the above tools they would prefer so be aware that one of them will be sold. In the event they contact me in the next few days I'll amend the listing accordingly.[/quote]

Remember you're communicating with utter cretins and keep it really,really simple.