Why become a member? ×

Microphone stand attachment for effects

NancyJohnson

Yes - I imported a Rolls PM351 from the States, together with the optional mic-stand mounting. It's basically a piece of well-made bent steel, with a screw-in adjuster to lock it to the shaft of a mic-stand, and a couple of short self-tapping screws to attach the PM351 to it more-or-less permanently.

It's very simple, and very effective.

Try ordering the mic-stand separately. It will certainly support a single pedal of just about any reasonable size, though too much weight will make the stand unstable.

If you are thinking of locking it with the screws [[i]blindingly obvious[/i]] don't forget the battery cover. [/[i]blindingly obvious[/i]] You'd probably be better off holding it on with a couple of tight cable ties.

I approached this from the opposite direction. I started with a music stand and then added a mic holder to it, like this:

[url="http://www.millennium-music.co.uk/products/categories/subcategories/Superlux%20Drum%20Mic%20Clamp%20(12cm%20Gooseneck)/brands/detail/key/p/ppp/"]http://www.millennium-music.co.uk/products...tail/key/p/ppp/[/url]

The mic holder clamps to the top edge of the music stand. You could use the music stand to hold lots of different things, with the mic clamped to the top.

Steve

No specific help here, but there must be some options around.

Reggie Watts (who does a one-man-band act with just his voice and a looper) uses one. From memory that was half a mic-stand with a platform on top. A guy I used to play with had a platform that attached halfway up a mic stand that he used for capo, slide and the like. When I wanted my Bass Pod high up I bought their (bass-pod specific) stand which works both for amp top and for mic-stand.

ALSO do a search for percussion stands (maybe they're called tables) ... percussionists/drummers use them to lay down the Guiros/Tambourines/Maracas they're not using. Padded top. I definitely found those for sale online at one of the usual places (gear4music possibly). Considered one of those when I was looking for a gigging solution for my Bass Pod

Andy