Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Spector Euro 5 ** NOW TRADED **

tonyf

Evening all!

After much soul-searching, I'm "putting out the feelers" on my Spector Euro 5.

Purchased a few months ago from Pablo (PauBass), it's a fabulously looking and sounding bass but I've really struggled to get back into the 5-String thingie after returning to 4-strings four or five years ago. Trust me, I've given it a go but I guess it my advancing years..... lol

Details as follows:
34" scale
2 x EMG DC's with a Spector "tonepump" preamp
Controls are vol/vol/bass/treble
Flamed maple body
Rosewood fingerboard with "crown" inlays
Gold Hardware
Couple of minor dings on the lower horn, hardly noticeable as they've been professionally repaired
Hardcase (non-spector) included

I'm looking for £650 (delivered to UK) or completely open on a trade on a 4-string of some sort. Got a Flea and a Musicman Sterling (apparently CrazyKiwi call's them a "womans Stingray" ;-) so maybe a Jazz or P-bass (or variation thereof) would be interesting. Open to suggestions!

Cheers
Tony

[attachment=2591:Spector5LX2.jpg] [attachment=2592:Spector5LX4.jpg] [attachment=2593:Spector5LX6.jpg]

Edited by tonyf

[quote name='tonyf' post='68866' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:08 PM']I'm looking for £650 (delivered to UK) or completely open on a trade on a 4-string of some sort. Got a Flea and a Musicman Sterling (apparently CrazyKiwi call's them a "womans Stingray" ;-)[/quote]
First you sell your testosterone drenched V8 to me, and now you're selling this manly beast as well. What's going on here? :)

Steve,

I know. Sorry, really letting the side down eh?

Selling me V8, letting go of this amazingly beautiful looking bass and there's the "Woman's Stingray".

As Al Murray would say...."I was NEVER confused".....!

As a side note, just rang the missus to get the tape measure out. It is indeed a 35" scale rather than the 34" I thought it was. Funny, I generally tend to add an inch (or two) to make things sound more impressive than they actually are.... lol

T

[quote name='Machines' post='69017' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:29 PM']If only I had the cash.. would be cheap postage too :huh:.[/quote]

Matt!

Long time no speak! How ya doing?

Absolutely cheap as chips postage as I drive past yours every morning to drop the little one at nursery!

"I know where you live young man"! :)

T

[quote name='RichBowman' post='69012' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:24 PM']Lovely bass - The middle picture is mine....:-)[/quote]
Rich,

I know, I know. Sorry mate.

I do feel a bit guilty about using Pablo's (and your) pics. Just being lazy, no excuse. Fair cop. U rozzer's have me bang to rights and right no mistake g'vnor!

I'll alter the posting and give you a picture credit! ;-)

T

No worries about it at all mate! Feel free to use any you like - Alan took some superb photos that really do the flaming justice!

Oooowwwww - such a nice bass.......

Rich

Ahhh - Nice one - just seen some more lovely pics go up!

Edited by RichBowman