Why become a member? ×

MarkBass very good indeed

henry norton

[quote name='wayneyboy' post='644774' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:14 PM']i have just got a travellor 1x15- tried it with my ebs td650- awesome! didnt think it would be enough on its own but certainly was- got a new 2x10 to go with it but think may get another 1x15 so will sit on top nicely for bigger gigs- must say very impressed![/quote]

Do you find the 1x15 handles the clarity of sound well enough on its own? I like a lot of high-mids so my flangers and chorus sounds ring out... according to the 'quoted' frequencies I was unsure if the 151p would give them the credit they deserved...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='642491' date='Nov 1 2009, 01:37 PM']Agreed... For that kind of money you really can't go wrong. I saw an SA450 go for £370 last month on eBay... I almost bought it as a spare! If you have the money, now is the time to buy![/quote]

Thats not bad!

Mind you I got mine new for £470, back in the day....

[quote name='51m0n' post='646315' date='Nov 5 2009, 03:21 PM']Thats not bad!

Mind you I got mine new for £470, back in the day....[/quote]

I paid £500 for mine new after some haggling... which for what it does is still a bargain. I have no desire to ever use another amp head at all... which is saying something!

I had the mini 15 combo and the traveller 2x10 cabinet for about three years. They were excellent in every way. Amazing sound and shove, great clarity & so light to carry. I only sold them because I just don't need that kind of power anymore. (Good for the hearing too, I'd imagine!)

I will need another soon enough, and at the moment it's a toss-up between the smaller mini 112 & another cab, or trying something different like an Aguilar or Genz-Benz. No rush, though. My Roland BassCube CB 100 has all the power I need, really.

Rich.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='Sibob' post='647749' date='Nov 6 2009, 10:52 PM']Has anyone had any experience of the Little Mark Tube yet?
Very interested in the idea of it, just wanna know if it delivers

Si[/quote]

I've tried one and couldnt tell the difference really between full SS and full tube. Very clean tube like the LH500 pre IMO

[quote name='Sibob' post='647919' date='Nov 7 2009, 10:41 AM']Ok cheers
I'm looking for a lightweight backup to my Ashdown EVO II 500, but like to use the tube to get a bit of dirt......not too much though.
Sounds like the LMT won't do that...back to the drawing board!

Si[/quote]

The Shuttle on the other hand does do tube grind.

[quote name='51m0n' post='646315' date='Nov 5 2009, 03:21 PM']Thats not bad!

Mind you I got mine new for £470, back in the day....[/quote]

Same here. I got one form the Bass Centre. Hadn't heard of MB before but i was having "issues" with my Ashdown.
I thought the SA450 sounded good in the shop although lacking character (cant remember what the cab was but it was a 4x10 and NOT a MB) but it seemed the right amp at the right price.
4 years now, gigging most weekends with it and used mostly with 12xx cabs although i did have a UL115 and UL212 for a while. I tried to replace it with a GKRB1001-II but i felt the GK lacked (clean) volume, depth and tone.
I now gig with either a LMII + 1210R or SA450 + 1212L and ive never had any trouble annoying the guitarist by being too loud ;-)

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought a MoMark amp and Bergantino AE410 cab from Bass Direct. I went there on Friday with the intention of comparing the LittleMark LMIII against the TC Electronic Rebelhead 450 but couldn't believe how good the MoMark sounded with a variety of cabs with the EQ on my bass and the amp set flat. I've gone for the 'no EQ' option as the VPF and VLE knobs give me all of the options I need.

I must mention the great advice and service I received from Mark at Bass Direct who put up with my duff playing for a couple of hours and made the whole buying experience very enjoyable. I bought none of the gear that I thought I would before I arrived but left feeling 100% convinced that this amp and cab is the perfect combination for me and am really looking forward to it's first gig on Friday.

Gaz

[quote name='gazhowe' post='662144' date='Nov 22 2009, 09:31 PM']....I must mention the great advice and service I received from Mark at Bass Direct.... I bought none of the gear that I thought I would before I arrived but left feeling 100% convinced that this amp and cab is the perfect combination for me....[/quote]
That happens at Bass Direct!!

[quote name='gazhowe' post='662144' date='Nov 22 2009, 09:31 PM']I've just bought a MoMark amp and Bergantino AE410 cab from Bass Direct. I went there on Friday with the intention of comparing the LittleMark LMIII against the TC Electronic Rebelhead 450 but couldn't believe how good the MoMark sounded with a variety of cabs with the EQ on my bass and the amp set flat. I've gone for the 'no EQ' option as the VPF and VLE knobs give me all of the options I need.

I must mention the great advice and service I received from Mark at Bass Direct who put up with my duff playing for a couple of hours and made the whole buying experience very enjoyable. I bought none of the gear that I thought I would before I arrived but left feeling 100% convinced that this amp and cab is the perfect combination for me and am really looking forward to it's first gig on Friday.

Gaz[/quote]

+1 for that set up and for Mark. You'll probably find it takes an hour or so to get used to how 'fast' that ae410 'speaks' in a band setting (I dont care to try and explain it in terms of physics, but Alex C reckoned it was to do with the slight peak in the upper mids). But once you do you'll also realise its simply the best sounding thing you can buy if you like 410s that punch :)

Enjoy it!