Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Fretless

WonderHorse

I now hear that someone has put a deposit down on the bass at the Kings Road store and so apparently I'm not allowed to sell it twice.

So I should hear in a week if the other guy is interested in buying it.

Sorry for the confusion. It has been with them for over 6 months, so I presumed it was not selling.

Davo

[quote name='Marky L' post='632138' date='Oct 21 2009, 09:57 AM']David J from Bauhaus has been a fretless P player for a very long time. He does get quite a funsome range of tones and fruity sounds from it. Some great distorted/fuzz stuff too. :)[/quote]

and still doin it when I saw Bauhaus a few years ago. Effin great live performance!

[quote name='Mecklenburg' post='632348' date='Oct 21 2009, 01:35 PM']So what lined fretless Precision basses have/do Fender produced? I love playing fretless but i'm not so good when the lines aren't there lol.[/quote]

I can't see the point in lines - dots on the top are a better view surely? (it's what I use...)

[quote name='Davo-London' post='632103' date='Oct 21 2009, 09:21 AM']It's up for sale at Kings Road shop for £1000. But I will take less if it goes to a good home. We can start the auction at £800.

Davo[/quote]

You might want to know that they were asking significantly more than that when I saw it, £1350 I believe. At £1000 I would have gone for it.
Chris

PS here's the ones I've owned

'78 with retro ebony board. MONSTER

[attachment=34976:CIMG0054.JPG]

Bitsa with J-PUP at bridge

[attachment=34977:CIMG0055.JPG]

'77 original

[attachment=34978:CIMG0057.JPG]

'77 with '90's MIJ body

[attachment=34979:Fretless_P_1.jpg]

[quote name='Beedster' post='633988' date='Oct 22 2009, 11:02 PM']PS here's the ones I've owned

'78 with retro ebony board. MONSTER

[attachment=34976:CIMG0054.JPG][/quote]

Oooh!! I've done something naughty in my undercrackers!!!

I LOVE that to death! Awesome looking bass and that is EXACTLY what I want when I go for a proper fretless.

[quote name='Marky L' post='634369' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:42 PM']Oooh!! I've done something naughty in my undercrackers!!!

I LOVE that to death! Awesome looking bass and that is EXACTLY what I want when I go for a proper fretless.[/quote]

Yep, it's just your thing Mark! It's living in New York City now
C