Why become a member? ×

Active Guitars

ianwild16

[quote name='ianwild16' post='625138' date='Oct 13 2009, 04:03 PM']excuse me for being ignorant but what are the advantages of active over passive?[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56141"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56141[/url] :)

Always carry a spare battery but also buy a bass that can be switched to passive because your guitar player might steal your battery for his pedal because he does not follow the "always carry a spare battery" rule. My Peavey Dyna Bass is active but I play it passive all the time. It still sounds good.

[quote name='Thump Boy' post='625682' date='Oct 14 2009, 02:47 AM']Always carry a spare battery but also buy a bass that can be switched to passive because your guitar player might steal your battery for his pedal because he does not follow the "always carry a spare battery" rule. My Peavey Dyna Bass is active but I play it passive all the time. It still sounds good.[/quote]

+1

All my active basses can be switched into passive mode, only needed to call on it once but i was grateful it was there
You don't get any tone control though as it bypasses the eq, unless the bass has a seperate passive tone pot

The Aero pickups on my Zoot sound fantastic in pasive mode too :)