Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith Designs 5 String Proto-J Jazz FS - SOLD!!

Gunsfreddy2003

Up for sale is my KSD Proto-J 5 string jazz bass which I bought brand new from Bernie Goodfellow last year. I got Bernie to put the EBS preamp into the bass which makes a huge difference to the range of tones available and the output from the bass. It is really punchy and has a thunderous bottom end but also very sparkly highs. It is not a million miles away from the sounds that I can get from my GB Rumour!

I am only selling as something has come along to really catch my eye and I need to raise some cash quickly!

Condition is mint throughout apart from the plastic battery cover on the back has broken and will need to be replaced but I am using good old tape at the moment to keep it in place!

Looking for £550 for this bass.

Any questions then please ask

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003

I played one of these on a dep gig a few months ago, weight wise I had no issues with getting through two 45min sets, and I'm not a big guy.
The preamp is also pretty nice, great usable tone, albeit with a slightly odd control layout! :)

Si

Snap!

I am not a big guy either - but have never noticed any weight issue with this bass at all!

Mark

[quote name='Sibob' post='624037' date='Oct 12 2009, 03:01 PM']I played one of these on a dep gig a few months ago, weight wise I had no issues with getting through two 45min sets, and I'm not a big guy.
The preamp is also pretty nice, great usable tone, albeit with a slightly odd control layout! :)

Si[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

No - it is still for sale but as the bass that I was after has now sold I am not sure whether to still sell it or not!

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='dgrizzle17' post='634102' date='Oct 23 2009, 01:43 AM']Hi, im really interested in this bass, has it sold yet? please reply asap[/quote]

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003

• 2 months later...

Something has taken my eye on the forum and as a result I really need to shift this bass now. Hopefully there are still some interested parties?

Mark

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='634189' date='Oct 23 2009, 08:46 AM']No - it is still for sale but as the bass that I was after has now sold I am not sure whether to still sell it or not!

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

It should not be too hard to do. Last time I was down at Bernie Goodfellows in Brighton having some work done on my GB I mentioned it to him and he said that he could replace it but I have not been back there since!

Let me know if you can find the funds!

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='adamhiggs' post='695177' date='Dec 28 2009, 09:11 PM']mate, if i can get the cash together i'll definitly let ya know! wicked bass! Is it easy to replace that battery cover? haven't never seen anywhere selling replacement battery covers!![/quote]

BUMP - I have made the decision to purchase another bass and this one just has to go now!!

Was looking for £550 - excellent value for this 5 string model and with the upgraded EBS pre-amp too. I might look at a sensible offer if someone wants to PM me!

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003

• 2 weeks later...