Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

[quote name='BenTunnicliffe' timestamp='1376160163' post='2170432']
[media]http://youtu.be/2nezoStxugk[/media]

New video this week playing with the line from Dpat - Touch off the Blurry EP.

Overwater at it again but through the Moog MF101 Low Pass filter to get that hefty sub thing going on. Feedback always appreciated!
[/quote]

Excellent tone and playing, love the tune as well.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1376242102' post='2171217']
Excellent tone and playing, love the tune as well.
[/quote]

Thanks mate really appreciated, it goes a long way!
I enjoy the challenge of trying to get sub sounds and lines to sit well in a mix, it's much harder than I thought before I ever tried it.
Cheers!

[quote name='BenTunnicliffe' timestamp='1376242244' post='2171219']
Thanks mate really appreciated, it goes a long way!
I enjoy the challenge of trying to get sub sounds and lines to sit well in a mix, it's much harder than I thought before I ever tried it.
Cheers!
[/quote]

I think it's as much of a challenge to think more utilitarian about how to approach a bass part with a song like that as well, which was was I was really impressed with. Nice work :)

[quote name='Ziphoblat' timestamp='1376975832' post='2181638']
Probably the millionth rendition of this on YouTube, but oh well; this is mine.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Rl_XRI3ys[/media]
[/quote]

Nicely done. I always like to look for how different people finger the middle 8 bit.

Good feel for a really great bass track

Pink floyd tribute band I played a few gigs with recently, Floyd was not really my thing but was fun to play with these guys and now quite enjoy a few pink floyd tracks, Not perfect note for note replication before anyone mentions :ph34r: and sorry that quality is not great.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6w2Vehw6I[/media]

Let me hear your comments / critisim :gas:.

Seen some really good vidoes in this thread inspireing stuff!

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1375192530' post='2157917']
Two new things from me - first up an actual 'pop video' for last month's Basschat Composition Competition - it's now a new project between myself and Skol with invited guests - under the name of Dojo - hope you like it:

Second one is me and my band at the HIdeaway in Streatham two weeks ago - they have an awesome 8-camera in house system - sound is off the desk but pretty good all the same
[/quote]

Mike, you just ooze quality mate :D

Spectacular!

[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1377103955' post='2183424']
Pink floyd tribute band I played a few gigs with recently, Floyd was not really my thing but was fun to play with these guys and now quite enjoy a few pink floyd tracks, Not perfect note for note replication before anyone mentions :ph34r: and sorry that quality is not great.

Let me hear your comments / critisim :gas:.

[/quote]

My critism is, I would have rather heard a full song rather than this rather oddly compiled medley!! It didn't allow you to get a feel for any of the songs if I'm honest!

But I guess I'm probably more interested than most basschatters in view of my band :P

Out of interest, it didn't look like you were playing a fretless on High Hopes? Would have been interested to have heard how that would have sounded from start to finish as the bass has such an integral role.

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1376293344' post='2171676']
Some banging Latin jazz funk from me and my band (again) - hope you enjoy (let me know!)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpGPk4jRTPs[/media]
[/quote]

Very nice! B)

I'm on my own in the office this week, so am letting this ring out :)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1377154277' post='2183944']
My critism is, I would have rather heard a full song rather than this rather oddly compiled medley!! It didn't allow you to get a feel for any of the songs if I'm honest!

But I guess I'm probably more interested than most basschatters in view of my band :P

Out of interest, it didn't look like you were playing a fretless on High Hopes? Would have been interested to have heard how that would have sounded from start to finish as the bass has such an integral role.
[/quote]

I agree full song would perhaps be better as it does seem to jump about a bit we do have full footage of the gig but not sure what to do with it all, and no unfortunately I do not own a fretless bass which I know is a bit of a crime to play this song with out it!!

[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1377200749' post='2184794']

I agree full song would perhaps be better as it does seem to jump about a bit we do have full footage of the gig but not sure what to do with it all, and no unfortunately I do not own a fretless bass which I know is a bit of a crime to play this song with out it!!
[/quote]

I wouldn't say criminal.... More unorthodox :P

Would love to hear a whole song though :D

Edited by SpaceChick

I look like crap, am incredibly ill, and felt like i needed to throw up all night, but here's me doing playing for one of my favourite bands. Might've only been one song but it was still damn good.

Liam

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GFNnlHkwPU[/media]

Edited by LiamPodmore

• 2 weeks later...