Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WD music

EdwardHimself

I've always thought WD music was quite expensive (apart from the pickups) but i've not realised until now how much of a rip-off they actually are until now. Take a look at this:

[url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/BLANK_CLEAR_ACRYLIC_9%22_X_15_1|2%22_GB-745"]http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/BLANK_CLE...5_1|2%22_GB-745[/url]

£30 for a small sheet of acrylic! I could go down to focus or B&Q and they'd probably give me a good few foot for that sort of money!

[quote name='Beedster' post='589940' date='Sep 4 2009, 05:49 PM']Lot of whingeing (is that how you spell it?) on BC at the moment. OK, bass sh*t is expensive, you don't have to buy it. Nothing personal to the OP but we're starting to sound like a bunch of old pikies :)[/quote]

D: seriously though i don't usually moan about stuff, i just thought it was a little silly but hey y'know if anyone is stupid enough to pay £30 for a bit of plastic that would cost a fiver down the local DIY store then tough nuts to 'em! Also yeah they're not all bad, the KA pickups are great value. Besides, i just think that BC has always attracted the moaning variety!

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='589981' date='Sep 4 2009, 06:17 PM']To be honest, people who do nothing but whine about other people whinging (whatever the spelling) shoould have a big H for hippocrite brazed to their spotty backsides with a very hot branding iron. Or am i over-reacting? Hety it's the weekend - lighten up, have a beer.[/quote]
I'll be having a beer very very soon.

[quote name='Hutton' post='591929' date='Sep 7 2009, 09:26 AM']I think that you have to compare like with like. Is the B&Q acrylic; a) available. b)the correct thickness. c) as good a quality.
Until these questions are answered then the thread is really a waste of time.[/quote]

okay well maybe not B&Q but a computer shop is selling acrylic for case window mods that's exactly the same thickness (3mm) and a bigger surface size for £5.99. Whether it's the same quality or not is unknown but hell if it's the same material and it's see through then that's all that matters!

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='592407' date='Sep 7 2009, 08:00 PM']okay well maybe not B&Q but a computer shop is selling acrylic for case window mods that's exactly the same thickness (3mm) and a bigger surface size for £5.99. Whether it's the same quality or not is unknown but hell if it's the same material and it's see through then that's all that matters![/quote]

OK. Let's banish WD Music to everlasting perdition where they can wail and gnash their teeth. Before that we could start a basschat petition to boycott WD music. In fact I think we should all go to their premises and demand a meeting to ask: WHY IS YOUR ACRYLIC SO EXPENSIVE!!!!!! And then when the guitar suppliers go out of business we can go down to B&Q to buy all our accessories.

[quote name='Hutton' post='592468' date='Sep 7 2009, 09:32 PM']OK. Let's banish WD Music to everlasting perdition where they can wail and gnash their teeth. Before that we could start a basschat petition to boycott WD music. In fact I think we should all go to their premises and demand a meeting to ask: WHY IS YOUR ACRYLIC SO EXPENSIVE!!!!!! And then when the guitar suppliers go out of business we can go down to B&Q to buy all our accessories.[/quote]

haha aren't you funny?