Why become a member? ×

New guy in Bucks

smashie

Hi Mark or Smashie here,

I’ve been lurking for a while and I thought I’d better join in.

I’ve been playing on and off for the last 22 years (mainly off for the last 10!). Usual stuff work, band members moving away and replacements being tossers (or it could have been me, not sure on that), wife etc.

Starting to play again and I’ve realised that I shouldn’t have stopped, I know what to do but the fingers can’t seem to manage it!

Bass wise nowt special, an absolute peach of a squire p-bass with a neck that was taken down to more jazz proportions by a nice guy from WAL basses. Sorry I don’t remember his name.

An absolutely unique H|H B100 combo, it really is a one off and I’ve never heard another one like it. Oh and a Selmer treble and Bass MK11 that’s waiting to go off and get some work done on it. I need a cab for that which is how I found this forum looking for plans.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Smashie. I like the sound of the HlH, cool amps, those. I worked at Buckingham School briefly (not the Royal Latin but the one next to it) but otherwise the area is alien to me. used to drive through Aylesbury to see my ex-girlfriend's parents - thankfully I won't be doing that again.

Welcome to the madness

ped

[quote name='Sibob' post='582186' date='Aug 27 2009, 09:33 AM']Hi mate, I'm just in High Wycombe!

The guy at WAL might have been Stuart Monks?

Si[/quote]

Hi Si,

I had a think about that last night, I'm pretty sure his name was Carl, he lived in Chesham.

Mark