Why become a member? ×

I Think I've Solved My Neck Dive

ezbass

My 2 P basses are quite lightweight and, nice as this lightness is, tends to lead to some neck dive. Now we're not talking T'Bird neck dive here, but enough to make them feel a little uncomfortable on a long gig, especially as I suffer from shoulder and neck problems (getting older don't you just love it?). Anyway in an effort to make my main gigging bass more neck and shoulder friendly I moved the strap button up similar to a Spector's position which helped a bit. Today I had an epiphany and by simply adding a spare strap button (in this case a Dunlop Straplock) to a spare belt loop and attaching my strap via the additional hole, I think I may have cured my neck dive problem.

Maybe this might work for any of you who have a similar problem.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='578316' date='Aug 23 2009, 04:44 PM']I take it you're not using 'elegant' in the sartorial sense there? :)

Good idea though.[/quote]

Thus the question mark. Not a pretty solution but.............

[quote name='leschirons' post='579723' date='Aug 24 2009, 11:55 PM']Doesn't that pull your trousers and pants up your bum crack?[/quote]

A poor photo with a loose belt to be honest. But thinking outside the box for a moment what if you were to attach the clip to your underpants? One good pull down on the neck and instant falsetto!

[quote name='ezbass' post='579870' date='Aug 25 2009, 09:28 AM']A poor photo with a loose belt to be honest. But thinking outside the box for a moment what if you were to attach the clip to your underpants? One good pull down on the neck and instant falsetto![/quote]

A bit like a Telecaster B-bender? Or is this a ball-bender?