Why become a member? ×

BIG ONE ON TOUR

nottswarwick

I've just bought a Big One and love it. I'm in Swindon, so if anyone wants to give it a try, let me know.

I'm also playing it at the Moonfest festival on Sunday in Westbury (The Log Off Band) if anyone wants to see it in an open-air festival setting. ([url="http://www.moonfest.co.uk"]www.moonfest.co.uk[/url]www.moonfest.co.uk)

• 2 weeks later...

it has arrived.

Thansk Alex.

Just done a quick AB with my 4*10 front ported Markbass.

About the same height and width, btu the Big One is shallower. Gator case sits on it nicely.

Alot lighter than my othe rcab - It has nice tilt back wheels too. I was able to wheel it aound with one hand, with my (admittedly light) 4u Gator rack in my other hand.

Fired up the LM2, put everything flat, and away we go. Sounds good. Very clear top end, powerful sounding cab.
Then straight over to the Markbass. The MB was just as loud (at loud home levels, not necessarily top gigging vols), and initially the MB was weightier in the lows, and more reserved in the highs. The Big One is certainly more hifi, so the little mid/high driver is definitely a goodie.

Yep, very nice indeed so far.

Will report back more when I have chance to spend a it more time with it.

Chris

Bear in mind that the woofer still isn't fully broken in. If you can get a fairly high power 20Hz sine wave onto it for a good few hours and the amount of bottom will increase significantly. Once it's settled in you should hear that the lows go deeper than on the Markbass though they may not sound as subjectively fat or thick.

Look forward to hearing more!

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

ok, had this for a few days now, and can report that all is positive.

It is very clear and precise, whilst not being too clinical, if you know what I mean.

Very loud, and undistorted.

I am not going to be able to try it at a gig though, as all my late sep and oct gigs are on guitar, but I think I have a good handle on it now.

Adee is keen to get this ASAP in time for some gigs. He is just south of me, so we are handing over this week sometime. If either of the Nottingham chaps still want to hear it it will be here until tomorrow.

C

I am now in the possetion of a Big One . . fnar fnar, Oooh err missus !

I will be using it twice this weekend in Northampton
so anyone local is welcome to check out the Boxeddy website and pop along
and hear a Big One in anger !

I will report back in due course.

Cheers,
Ade

I don't have any gigs until november so maybe worth sending it across to Liverpool for that group of people before it comes to me?

edit: although if that makes the handovers a pain, then keep it as it is - I have band practice every week so will still get a good opportunity to try it out.

Cheers

Chris Griffiths

Edited by chrisgriffiths

Right !

Who's next?

I live in Corby, Northants . . . so anyone in a 30 mile radius can have free delivery to your door by meeeee!
So thats Peterborough - Northampton - Leicester circle

Anyone? . . . . if not its next one on the list

FULL REVIEW OF THE BIG ONE TO FOLLOW

Cheers
Ade