Why become a member? ×

wall mounted giutar holders

Bay Splayer

[quote name='Bay Splayer' post='568139' date='Aug 13 2009, 04:35 PM']for those that use them.....wall mounted guitar holders.....where do you put yours

A / bedroom

B / lounge

C / other

just curious, bought a couple and aint got round to putting `em up yet[/quote]

I have 4 of these 3 point hangers in the front room.

[quote name='farmer61' post='568261' date='Aug 13 2009, 06:26 PM']Are they safe for storing basses.

More interested in hearing about neck/bass damage rather than them falling off the wall.[/quote]

I had a few of the Hercules "grab it" type that spring into place when you put the neck into it. They were good and did not damage the basses. Bit more expensive but considering the damage if it fell off, it`s worth it.

Jez

[quote name='farmer61' post='568261' date='Aug 13 2009, 06:26 PM']Are they safe for storing basses.

More interested in hearing about neck/bass damage rather than them falling off the wall.[/quote]
I've been using them for a couple of years and never noticed any problems with the necks on any of my basses/guitars

Also, i have two in my bedroom, i live with my dad, no way they're going anywhere else :)

Mine live in a floor standing rack in the back bedroom but there's always 2 on hangers as the rack in;t big enough for them all. The 2 are a Strat and A N Other bass depending which I happen to be diddling with at the time.

I don't use dedicated wall hangers - I got a card containing 12 assorted hooks and hangers covered in red plastic from the pound shop - I use 2 of them - screwed into a plastic wall plug.

So they were just over 8p each !!

I've got my guns on them too - on the wall in the hallway - never had a faller yet.