Why become a member? ×

Wish we could get it in the UK

Basically I've got the new site and instead of just doing what most sites do I'm trying to do something a bit different and hopefully have something people find easier to use hence the Your Choice.

I'm trying to think of other brands/products etc I can get in touch with to try to deal with but instead of the same stuff ever other site has I'd rather get peoples suggestions on what they would actually like.

Thanks!!

Adam

[quote name='hodgsonk' post='559329' date='Aug 3 2009, 04:01 PM']A link from their site, UK dealer - [url="http://www.hinesitedistribution.co.uk/"]Hinesite Distribution[/url][/quote]
That's good to know - but their dealership network leaves a bit to be desired!

J.

[quote name='yourchoiceguitar' post='559280' date='Aug 3 2009, 03:18 PM']Gonna throw this question out!

I've been trying to think what musicians in the UK are able to buy from UK based sites and shops etc BUT is there anything out there we can't get in the UK but would like to get if we had the chance??

Anyone got any suggestions?[/quote]

$ products at correct conversion rates

[quote name='yourchoiceguitar' post='559280' date='Aug 3 2009, 03:18 PM']Gonna throw this question out!

I've been trying to think what musicians in the UK are able to buy from UK based sites and shops etc BUT is there anything out there we can't get in the UK but would like to get if we had the chance??

Anyone got any suggestions?[/quote]

the non-export Fender jap stuff.

[quote name='beardybass' post='559378' date='Aug 3 2009, 04:31 PM']Don't think that qualifies as a winge mate, that's a genuine case of U.K. customers getting the unsanitary end of the stick once again. Did you end up buying one? If so, did you go daft expensive U.K. one, or less expensive but more complicated U.S. one?[/quote]

I ended up buying one but through Thomann in Germany and saved over £50. Took them several months to get it for me from the US but worth the wait and they were exceptional to deal with - did not even want a deposit for it up front and called some months later to say it was on it's way.

In between, I ''borrowed'' one from a shop that subsequently went bust. Always nice when there is a happy ending.............phnarr phnarr

On another winge trail, was looking through some of my older guitar mags recently and the price rises from the Importers have been horriffic with a Gibbo Les Paul going up over £600 in a little over three years. Something wrong with this picture...........Perhaps it is about time the Uk stopped being ''treasure island''...........

It works the other way around too - in Guitar Center, anything imported from Europe (Warwicks, Marshall amps, Markbass amps, etc) cost a f**king fortune, way more than the US-made stuff. I guess we've got to remember that, for European stuff, we've got it pretty good. :)

[quote name='Russ' post='560316' date='Aug 4 2009, 05:09 PM']It works the other way around too - in Guitar Center, anything imported from Europe (Warwicks, Marshall amps, Markbass amps, etc) cost a f**king fortune, way more than the US-made stuff. I guess we've got to remember that, for European stuff, we've got it pretty good. :)[/quote]

Would it be cheaper for you to buy a Warwick at retail price, have it sent over privately and pay all import fees than buy one locally? I'd be well interested to see if it really is the same the other way, although the European brands do not have such a huge market share as their American counterparts. And exchange rates have been all over the place this last year.

As for amps and the like, there is the different voltages, so I can accept a different price. But sometimes I feel that manufacturers subsidise their US markets by skanking the rest of the world!

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='560503' date='Aug 4 2009, 05:40 PM']Would it be cheaper for you to buy a Warwick at retail price, have it sent over privately and pay all import fees than buy one locally? I'd be well interested to see if it really is the same the other way, although the European brands do not have such a huge market share as their American counterparts. And exchange rates have been all over the place this last year.

As for amps and the like, there is the different voltages, so I can accept a different price. But sometimes I feel that manufacturers subsidise their US markets by skanking the rest of the world![/quote]

For the amps I mentioned (Marshall and Markbass), the voltage thing is trivial - on most Marshalls, it's as simple as changing a fuse, and, on Markbass gear, all it takes is opening it up and switching over a jumper (I guess they did this to make life easier for international touring bands).

As for Warwick and so on (oh, how I want to punch Americans who pronounce it "war-wick" instead of the correct "warrick"), the exchange rate with the Euro is not in their favour, but the likes of Guitar Center have volume purchasing power on their side. I doubt it's cheaper to go to Europe and buy one, but only just.