Why become a member? ×

STOLEN - Aria Pro II SB-R 150 - Sheffield, UK

Dee

First of all I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place. It's difficult to navigate the site on an iPod Touch!

My basses were stolen while I was away from home between July 11 - July 20. Two basses were taken -- a Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz and an Aria Pro II SB-R 150. I don't care too much about the Squier but the Aria was very dear to me and my heart is broken because not only was it an incredible bass but it was a gift from my girl who saved like crazy to buy it. The worst thing is we are pretty much broke and we have no insurance for the contents of our home.

The full serial number is unknown but starts with a 3. This makes it a 1983 model. The neck pickup has no output, and there is a laquer chip on the treble side of the neck, somewhere near the 9th fret. This chip is approximately an inch in length and maybe a quarter inch in width. Overall the bass is in great condition.

If you have any info on this bass please send me a private message.

[quote name='Dee' post='552630' date='Jul 27 2009, 01:53 PM']First of all I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place. It's difficult to navigate the site on an iPod Touch!

My basses were stolen while I was away from home between July 11 - July 20. Two basses were taken -- a Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz and an Aria Pro II SB-R 150. I don't care too much about the Squier but the Aria was very dear to me and my heart is broken because not only was it an incredible bass but it was a gift from my girl who saved like crazy to buy it. The worst thing is we are pretty much broke and we have no insurance for the contents of our home.

The full serial number is unknown but starts with a 3. This makes it a 1983 model. The neck pickup has no output, and there is a laquer chip on the treble side of the neck, somewhere near the 9th fret. This chip is approximately an inch in length and maybe a quarter inch in width. Overall the bass is in great condition.

If you have any info on this bass please send me a private message.[/quote]
Sorry to hear that Dee and I know exactly what you're going through.

Check and keep checking all the Cash Converters in your area. If you phone up you'll only get so far with them and their vigilance will go cold as the days pass. Keep a watch on Ebay and alert all the music shops. Have you any pictures of yourself with your instruments? Circulate these among the music shops and the police.

[quote name='gary mac' post='552657' date='Jul 27 2009, 02:22 PM']Feel for you mate, real downer.

Maybe post some photos and let us know what part of the world they went missing from.

Hope you get them back, all the best.[/quote]
Id assume Sheffield, looking at thread title...

MB1. :)
....Not Nice!...Spontaneous Combustion would be too Good for these Scumbags!
Definately check the Cash Convertors!
Any pics of this specific Aria SB model may Help!..(im in Manchester!and can check )
....Putting Pics and the serial Numbers on your phone is always a good idea!.......

[quote name='MB1' post='552687' date='Jul 27 2009, 02:52 PM']MB1. :)
Any pics of this specific Aria SB model may Help!..(im in Manchester!and can check )
....Putting Pics and the serial Numbers on your phone is always a good idea!.......[/quote]
+1

It's a horrible thing to lose your pride & joy like this! Hope that things work out for you...

[quote name='MB1' post='552687' date='Jul 27 2009, 02:52 PM']MB1. :)
....Putting Pics and the serial Numbers on your phone is always a good idea!.......[/quote]
Further to MB1's advice - since my home was burgled in 2007 I'm now in the habit of taking a photo (incl serial number) of everything new I get. Doesn't stop the pain but helps with potential insurance claims.

The only pics I have (from the ebay auction) are the ones in this thread:

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542376"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542376[/url]

Guys, thanks for the support. :)

Edited by Dee

MB1. :)
The Serial number is on the back of the headstock in the third picture!...any chance it will enlarge?.
you really need the serial number..... and with the photos theres no mistaking your the rightful owner.
You could also try contacting the Ebay Seller he may have serial number details and can supply you with proof of purchase.

sorry to hear.check your local music shops, but dont stop pestering them.the thieves may hold on to it for a bit before trying to shift it as has been known in my neck of the woods.keep checking you local crack converters/cash generator/pawn shops too. and if you have and form of free ads/ad trader paper in your area keep checking that. absolute wan*&rs!

[quote name='martthebass' post='552976' date='Jul 27 2009, 06:06 PM']I'll keep a look out on the Rotherham side of Sheffuld. It's a stand out bass so if the scum bag decides to 'exhibit' it should be visible.[/quote]

+1

I'm on the other side of town, will keep an eye out too.