Why become a member? ×

Alternatives as good as Schroeder?

Chopthebass

It looks like my ordered Schroeder 210212L cab won't be coming because Nationwide have lost my money whilst wiring it to Jorg!

I'm looking for an alternative, and ideally I don't want to go any heavier, so probably no more than 32kg or 70LB. Multiple cabs in a option that I'd consider. I will be running either a GK1001 or a DB750.

One idea was to use two Aguilar GS112 or DB112's whilst using the GK head, and use three of them with the DB750 (2.6-ohms). Any thoughts on this? TEC Amp do some good spec cabs, but I can't find any reviews.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='57292' date='Sep 8 2007, 09:03 AM']Why don't you ask them to do it again... properly, this time?[/quote]

Before I can get my money back or start again, they'll need to re-call it. And doing that, they still have to find the funds! This has been going on for 5 weeks and the trouble is that because Nationwide are a Building Society, they have to go through the HSBC in the UK, and then HSBC in New York. You can see how confusing it is!

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='57305' date='Sep 8 2007, 09:33 AM']Before I can get my money back or start again, they'll need to re-call it. And doing that, they still have to find the funds! This has been going on for 5 weeks and the trouble is that because Nationwide are a Building Society, they have to go through the HSBC in the UK, and then HSBC in New York. You can see how confusing it is![/quote]

Why don't you try SHX? (Brighton, I think?)

They had some offers on in July and maybe they'd have something in stock to suit you.

Worth a thought anyway and maybe less hassle.

Frank

Crikey Dood, that's some rig!!

I would like to see a review of Tecamp stuff.

I did contact SHX but they didn't have the 210212L or the 412L that I really wanted.

I've heard so much about these cabs and I really don't want to look at alternatives (except maybe the Tecamp!)

Cheers guys