Why become a member? ×

Oh my giddy aunt....... (T-Bird content)

metalmickey

[url="http://www.espguitars.com/basses_phoenix.html"]http://www.espguitars.com/basses_phoenix.html[/url]

Don't know if anyone has seen these yet, but oh my.......

I think I'm in love! Might be able to get one at discount too..... :ph34r:

Round 1800 RRP aparently.....

Yes, that Lull is lush - bit there's just something about that ESP that screams RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK!!!!

Plus I don't like Gibbys, so it's a damn viable alternative. Kinda reminds me of the basses in the signature line
available in Japan only.

+1 for the fiver version though, that would give me all new levels of GAS...... :)

Thinking about it some more, in absence of any funds to get a Mike Lull, I think I'll have to have a look at the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V and if I like it get one and have it refinished in solid black to get rid of that horrible stripy neck. Anyone know what the ETA of them is in the UK?

[quote name='BigRedX' post='535203' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:12 PM']Thinking about it some more, in absence of any funds to get a Mike Lull, I think I'll have to have a look at the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V and if I like it get one and have it refinished in solid black to get rid of that horrible stripy neck. Anyone know what the ETA of them is in the UK?[/quote]

Thomann seem to be expecting a delivery on the 24th of this month.

[quote name='charic' post='535168' date='Jul 7 2009, 09:48 PM']that lower horn is a whole new level of wrong. The controls are in the wrong place too...[/quote]

The lower horn is so you can get to the higher frets. Upper fret reach is very hard on a normal thunderbird!

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='536021' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:32 PM']The lower horn is so you can get to the higher frets. Upper fret reach is very hard on a normal thunderbird![/quote]
I've never gone higher than the seventh fret on my thunderbird. And even then I've only ventured further than the fifth once or twice by mistake.

That ESP is shoddy - daft bu99ers put the tuners on upside-down. :)

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='536028' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:46 PM']I've never gone higher than the seventh fret on my thunderbird. And even then I've only ventured further than the fifth once or twice by mistake.

That ESP is shoddy - daft bu99ers put the tuners on upside-down. :rolleyes:[/quote]

'Aint no money above the fifth fret!!! :lol: Seriously though, I AM considering this - it's that or a FENDERBIRD!!!!! And I don't think I can be bothered putting one together...... :)