Why become a member? ×

Just bought an Audere!!

Jamesemt

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='532273' date='Jul 4 2009, 09:39 AM']All I can say is wow - it's totally transformed my SX, which I thought sounded pretty good before!!

Well worth the cash, and solderless fitting too!![/quote]

+1. I fitted one to my old passive Jazz, and loved it. And even I managed to fit it properly, so it has to be straightforward!

• 3 weeks later...

How are you all finding the output volume of the Audere? I was expecting my SG bass to be really hot, especially with the Darkstar pickups, but it's about as loud as my passive P-Bass with the EQ set flat (although the EQ is capable of some serious boost). This is not a bad thing (as hot basses can clip the input of some of my pedals) just not what I was expecting!

Edited by dannybuoy

• 2 months later...

Just fitted an Audere on my MIA Jazz. Blimey! As well as removing pickup noise, it totally transforms the sonic capabilities, all the way through from sparkly hi-fi on the "High-Z" mode (good for you slappers, not really my thing but nice to have) through to a really ballsy low/midd-y sound on the "low-Z" mode. In the middle position, its (as they say in their PR blurb) like a passive Jazz only better (more note definition)

I will be using the low-Z mode a lot I reckon as, although I like the standard "Jazz sound", it doesn't really fit with my band (and our drummer really hates it!).

Not a cheap mod (cost me £130 to import) but has really improved the bass a huge amount ... and a good Jazz + Audere = lot cheaper than a Sadowsky or other "super Jazz"

[quote name='Clarky' post='627966' date='Oct 16 2009, 03:18 PM']Just fitted an Audere on my MIA Jazz. Blimey! As well as removing pickup noise, it totally transforms the sonic capabilities, all the way through from sparkly hi-fi on the "High-Z" mode (good for you slappers, not really my thing but nice to have) through to a really ballsy low/midd-y sound on the "low-Z" mode. In the middle position, its (as they say in their PR blurb) like a passive Jazz only better (more note definition)

I will be using the low-Z mode a lot I reckon as, although I like the standard "Jazz sound", it doesn't really fit with my band (and our drummer really hates it!).

Not a cheap mod (cost me £130 to import) but has really improved the bass a huge amount ... and a good Jazz + Audere = lot cheaper than a Sadowsky or other "super Jazz"[/quote]
All agreed, a great preamp and the low-Z mode is as cose as a Jazz will ever get to a Precision. Just what the Doctor ordered Clarky :)