Why become a member? ×

SOLD*Musicman Sterling*SOLD

Rowbee

This is genuinely just a feeler at the moment to gauge if there's any interest and I'll mull it over. I bought this bass quite recently from Shockwave for £550 and considering the fact that the price is an absolute bargain it would be non-negotiable.

It's a stunning guitar in a pretty unusual translucent purple colour and the grain really shows through beautifully. I replaced the vintage pearloid white pickguard with a black pearloid one which I think looks much better.

It overtook my blue pearl Sterling (ten years old this coming Monday) as my main gigging bass for a while but I've gone back to my old faithful. I've also just bought an HH Sterling from Platypus which has a maple fretboard so I'm not sure how much action this one will now get.

I'm now thinking that I want to get an HS Sterling rather than just having the same bass with a different fretboard - so that would be the only trade that I would be looking for (would be willing to make up the difference).

It's in immaculate condition and is currently strung with DR Hot Pinks which are literally brand new on and sounding totally crisp and bright - also looks pretty funky to me!

This pic is a recent one I took which isn't a fantastic photo, but if there's any interest I'll put some more up.

Edited by Rowbee

[quote name='Rowbee' post='530141' date='Jul 2 2009, 12:15 AM']I'm afraid not, Rob. I'm only capable of four string excuses. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Darn :) I miss my Musicmans a little!

Anyway heres another pic with the far better white pearloid guard i sold it with :lol:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='530163' date='Jul 2 2009, 12:58 AM']£550? damn that's tempting..[/quote]

thats one cool bass...defo got me gassing now..if only some kind chap would buy my ksd jazz i'd be all over this puppy!!