Why become a member? ×

Bigging up Soundslive

lemmywinks

Just thought i'd take a minute to recommend Soundslive.

Recently bought a Stagg EUB from them which had faults, so back it went. Got a replacement just over a week later (i believe they had to ship this from somewhere else and run it through their QC as they had no stock)

Have to say they were excellent throughout, nice to speak to staff who are pleasant and know what they're on about for a change

So, cheers to Soundslive! :)

Yep, great company! Have some sound dealings with them. Same with GAK too.

Only thing I find is BIG companies with a BIG rep like the BassCentre...I'm STILL waiting for a refund and have to constantly remind them to let me know what's going on with my orders!
Are they REALLY the best? GAK gave me a refund for Out of Stock items the next day 3 times...It's been over a week now with the BassCentre!

[quote name='Kongo' post='524990' date='Jun 26 2009, 04:42 PM']GAK gave me a refund for Out of Stock items the next day 3 times...[/quote]
Should be sodding illegal to sell things you don't have in stock without advising people before taking their money.

Never known any other industry have this acceptance for it, but all music stores seem to think it's ok to promise quick delivery, take your money and then say it'll be a week or something before they get it in stock.

Defeats the object of online shopping if you have to ring up and speak to them to make sure they actually have an item you can buy.

AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

[quote name='Eight' post='525000' date='Jun 26 2009, 04:49 PM']Defeats the object of online shopping if you have to ring up and speak to them to make sure they actually have an item you can buy.[/quote]
+1
I get this a lot with my shop & website. People see "In stock" on the website, and they ring up to check it really is. Well of course it is! We've made the effort to invest in a real-time stock-control system, but the prevalence of websites falsely claiming things are in stock ensures that people don't believe it. Grrrr. :)

[/rambling rant]

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='525003' date='Jun 26 2009, 04:54 PM']+1
I get this a lot with my shop & website. People see "In stock" on the website, and they ring up to check it really is. Well of course it is! We've made the effort to invest in a real-time stock-control system, but the prevalence of websites falsely claiming things are in stock ensures that people don't believe it. Grrrr. :)

[/rambling rant][/quote]

Well the best thing is, I asked!
It said, "in stock" and person also said it's "in stock"...but then the next day I find that it's not...so I cancel as I NEED an amp head NOW...then find they took the money the next day even though I cancelled!
I've told them they are holding me up...but I have to wait 7 working days?

BassCentre...Not going there again!

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='525409' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:10 PM']I've ordered from them must be a dozen times, never a problem & always bang on the money. Can't fault them. They even have the 0% finance deal right now so you'd be a fool not to check out the website[/quote]
+1million.......

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='524798' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:55 PM']Just thought i'd take a minute to recommend Soundslive.

Recently bought a Stagg EUB from them which had faults, so back it went. Got a replacement just over a week later (i believe they had to ship this from somewhere else and run it through their QC as they had no stock)

Have to say they were excellent throughout, nice to speak to staff who are pleasant and know what they're on about for a change

So, cheers to Soundslive! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I had just the opposite experience and will never use them again. :)

It was documented in the repairs forum.

[quote name='JPAC' post='525429' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:23 PM']I had just the opposite experience and will never use them again. :)

It was documented in the repairs forum.[/quote]

I have tried to find it in the repairs forum, but to no avail. What is the problem?

Please be accurate.

[quote name='rslaing' post='525436' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:26 PM']I have tried to find it in the repairs forum, but to no avail. What is the problem?

Please be accurate.[/quote]

Uh oh....brace yourself JPAC.

Edited by Waldo

[quote name='rslaing' post='525436' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:26 PM']I have tried to find it in the repairs forum, but to no avail. What is the problem?

Please be accurate.[/quote]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44451&hl=soundslive"]here[/url], it looks like.

[quote name='Eight' post='525000' date='Jun 26 2009, 04:49 PM']Should be sodding illegal to sell things you don't have in stock without advising people before taking their money.

Never known any other industry have this acceptance for it, but all music stores seem to think it's ok to promise quick delivery, take your money and then say it'll be a week or something before they get it in stock.

Defeats the object of online shopping if you have to ring up and speak to them to make sure they actually have an item you can buy.

AAAARRRGGGGHHHH[/quote]

Happened to me recently when I ordered some music software for the school at which I work. After half a week of waiting, the status turned to "out of stock" . Very disappointing. After an angry email, it actually arrived quite promptly.

Regards

Mike

[quote name='Mike' post='525674' date='Jun 27 2009, 02:50 AM']Happened to me recently when I ordered some music software for the school at which I work. After half a week of waiting, the status turned to "out of stock" . Very disappointing. After an angry email, it actually arrived quite promptly.

Regards

Mike[/quote]

It's a shame that you have to do that...Sometimes they get cocky back though and say something like "Your pacience is greatly appreciated"...
Yeah well, when YOU have my money for nothing and won't give it back until 7 working days I'm gonna be angry...especially as a shop gives it there and then...

Haha, hey! Let's try this one next time...Order something over the phone so you have some options in what you can say and then tell them when it comes to payment "I shall pay you in 7 days after the item arrives"

:) :rolleyes: :lol: