Why become a member? ×

How Do I Go About Writing A Slap Solo

JBassist

You wave both hands in the general vicinity of your bass in a vaguely rhythmic fashion until it sounds like someone throwing a large box of assorted Lego & Meccanno down a concrete stairwell. :rolleyes:

Can you tell I am just jealous because I cannot do all that wicketty whacketty woo :)

Alps Loos is an anagram of slap solo.
Adolf Loos was responsible for a design of building in the Austrian Alps.
There is some info below......
which is about as useful as a slap solo in the Uk these days...
According to some Basschatters........ :)

Khuner Country House
Alpenhof Kreuzberg, Fam. Steiner
A-2650 Payerbach
Kreuzberg 60
Austria

Adolf Loos and Heinrich Kulka 1930

The Khuner Country House is a late work of Loos, completed when he was sixty, in the same year as the Villa Müller in Prague. Like the Villa Müller, a restrained (in this case somewhat traditional) facade hides a subtle interior design of different room heights – Loos' Raumplan.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

i presume you know the technique well..

If so , do what sounds good to you, but what ever you do , DONT slap at a thousand miles an hour where the music is lost and its a platform for your incredible agility. ( i hate those You Tube idiots)....i dont know what music you want to write a slap line to, but generally (IMHO) less is more..

A great way is to work out a simple bass line that fits the song fingerstyle, then thumb the same bass line, adding pops, etc when you think its sound ok...

At the end of the day, Slap 'technique' is just that..it shouldnt rule the sound..again IMHO...

[quote name='davidmpires' post='519668' date='Jun 20 2009, 10:35 PM']or this... [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvBtX_omY4o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvBtX_omY4o[/url][/quote]

That is very tasty, and its surprisingly easy to get that pop--LHThump-RHThump triplet thing down too... ...not to detract from the extreme tastiness on display throughout all of that of course....