Why become a member? ×

Shuker 6 String Headless

Johngh

you have a mid control onboard your SC.. I cannae remember , it was the Shuker circuit right? - The plans for my headless SC are coming on nicely.. I'm still in the process of sorting bits and bobs out.. Jon has come up with a few wicked ideas too.. I think he is getting used to my tastes in instruments and is testing designs on me! Bring it on I say!

I'd have a very hard time arguing with the fact! ;o)

Do you have any recordings of pre and post pup changes? I'd be interested to find out how the P style interacts with the DC coil.

Hey Dan,

I'm afraid I didn't get the chance to get anything down pre or post, I might be able to sort something with the new ones at some point when I get a bit of spare time!

Going to drop you a quick PM in a bit about something, don't want to derail this thread too much!

Cheers,

Rich

[quote name='dood' post='20159' date='Jun 19 2007, 01:16 PM']Good gracious! Thats quick!! I really do look forward to seeing this bass, as you know John![/quote]

I have asked Jon for more Photos, but I'm going to see him a week this Friday, so thats probably my best bet to get photos of the bass. I can't wait to see the thread of your new bass Dan, hope it turns out to be an epic like the Doodle build :). Mines not been that quick to be honest, this has been going on for 6 months, although in fairness I did tell Jon to take his time with it. Best bit is the wife still has no idea I'm having it made, if she gets wind of it, it will be time for one of her Latina nuclear strikes, when her head goes its megga, so I'm staying shtum about it.
I'm going to tell her it was a bargain special from evil bay ! :huh:

Edited by Johngh

[quote name='Johngh' post='20232' date='Jun 19 2007, 03:18 PM']I have asked Jon for more Photos, but I'm going to see him a week this Friday, so thats probably my best bet to get photos of the bass. I can't wait to see the thread of your new bass Dan, hope it turns out to be an epic like the Doodle build :). Mines not been that quick to be honest, this has been going on for 6 months, although in fairness I did tell Jon to take his time with it. Best bit is the wife still has no idea I'm having it made, if she gets wind of it, it will be time for one of her Latina nuclear strikes, when her head goes its megga, so I'm staying shtum about it.
I'm going to tell her it was a bargain special from evil bay ! :huh:[/quote]

He he!! Yes, Jon and I are busy cooking up a little storm ourselves!! It's going to be something spesh, I think!

Wow! You have done very well to keep it quiet chap! I can barely keep quiet when I buy a flippin chiccy bar.. let alone bass gear of any sort. I can't lie to save my life.. or anyone elses for that matter!

[quote name='Johngh' post='20232' date='Jun 19 2007, 03:18 PM']Best bit is the wife still has no idea I'm having it made, if she gets wind of it, it will be time for one of her Latina nuclear strikes, when her head goes its megga, so I'm staying shtum about it.[/quote]Mate, I don't know if that's incredibly stupid & reckless or incredibly brave! :)

[quote name='Rich' post='22858' date='Jun 25 2007, 09:14 AM']Mate, I don't know if that's incredibly stupid & reckless or incredibly brave! :)[/quote]

Rich, probably a mixture of all three. Fact is she's after us buying a caravan of all things ! so whats the priority, a nice new Shuker, or a Caravan........no contest methinks :huh: the planning of smuggling and hiding the Shuker in the house is already at a advanced stage, as are the million and one excuses once I get found out.

Edited by Johngh

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dood' post='28135' date='Jul 6 2007, 10:51 PM']Ok.. I think I am officially lusting for a headless Shuker now! Nice pics Jon!![/quote]

Me too, I've been talking to Jon about it this week. :)

What a stunning piece of maple on top. Jon was right about it looking like you could swim in it.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='28172' date='Jul 7 2007, 01:22 AM']Me too, I've been talking to Jon about it this week. :)

What a stunning piece of maple on top. Jon was right about it looking like you could swim in it.[/quote]

Yes, that wet look lacquer is just sexay!! My (sold) Elite 6is due to be picked up soon, so am naturally looking forward to finalising the design and getting started! I reckon I'll be going for a headless singlecut design.

Gawwd this forum doesnt do ya wallet any good does it? LOL!!

[quote name='dood' post='28285' date='Jul 7 2007, 12:59 PM']Yes, that wet look lacquer is just sexay!! My (sold) Elite 6is due to be picked up soon, so am naturally looking forward to finalising the design and getting started! I reckon I'll be going for a headless singlecut design.

Gawwd this forum doesnt do ya wallet any good does it? LOL!![/quote]

your not wrong!

Just got back from Jon's. The bass looks stunning in the flesh. Looking at the quilt maple top from the side, it looks 3D its soooo deep. Once the wet look gloss laquer goes on it will be brilliant. I'm picking it up at the start of August now because of flood delays, and me going on holiday. I didn't take any more photos as its about the same as it was in the last photos Jon sent me. This bass is going to be a peach. Its turning out exactly as I wanted :) :huh: