Why become a member? ×

Tech SoundSystem 212 FS/FT SOLD/SOLD

Flanker

Recently acquired this 212 from bassbloke. Amazing cab for it's size and weight (43lbs!!)

Unfortunately I need a cab to pair with my BagEnd115 which is 8ohms so I'm looking for a vintage tone lightweight(ish) cab at 8ohms. Prefer 115 but anything considered.

Alternatively I can sell this for £400.00 and looking at getting a Barefaced Compact.

Collect nr Milton Keynes preferred. Can't ship but will discuss meeting within 1hr.

Edited by Flanker

This is along the lines of what I am looking for, although not that 'much' smaller than my current cab

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50233&st=0&gopid=501649&#entry501649"]MARKBASS 104HF[/url]

Would this be of interest to you ?

Based in Corby

Ade

Owen, you are yet again so right. When I first heared my 6x10 at TerryKs house, then lifted it up, it totally blew my mind. :)

I had used an Ampeg 8x10 many moons ago, that weighed three times as much and didn't sound half as good.

I'd like to hear an SVT through my cab.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='511514' date='Jun 11 2009, 06:35 PM']I'd like to hear an SVT through my cab.[/quote]

Through the 2 4x10's I had... it sounded AMAZING!

Looking back on it, If only the Techs were as easy to get hold of as the Epifani I have now.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='512356' date='Jun 12 2009, 06:28 PM']Tell me more.[/quote]

I owned a '99 SVT 2 Pro with the usual valve upgrades (that I know you are familair with!!!! How is that SVP?!) and ran it in two my two ND410s (one of which is back on sale on this very forum.. Yes, I'd love to buy it back.. maybe sell my GS112, I dunno yet) - anyway, I digress.. the SVT is switchable down to 2 Ohms and sounded absolutely stonking with the two cabs! Very fat, very full.. but laughably, I think the SVT was heavier than the cabs!!

300W is certainly more than enough to get them breathing - well.. it works for a normal Ampeg 8x10 - so what with the Techs being more sensitive and - well just fantastic in tone, the SVT really gets to blossom. I preferred the tone of the Techs to the Ampeg 8x10 for what I am after, sound wise. I think the Techs showed what the Ampeg was actually capable of - and I have to say it's not as bad as some people wil have you believe, in comparison to other valve heads! Just neds a bit of TLC!