Why become a member? ×

1968 Hofner Violin Bass

Sercet

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='501869' date='May 30 2009, 07:46 PM']Well, the going rate is around 45p, but the packaging on this one has been polished, I'm asking £2250.[/quote]
If its an Alleva-Coppola Lion bar I'll give you £4500

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='501869' date='May 30 2009, 07:46 PM']Well, the going rate is around 45p, but the packaging on this one has been polished, I'm asking £2250.[/quote]
Sorry i cannot afford it. I am saving up for a Kit Kat.

[quote name='Macko1968' post='501882' date='May 30 2009, 08:14 PM']I have a Lion Bar that was previously owned by Stuart Zender, do I hear £6k?[/quote]
What do I hear for a Curly Wurly that was nibbled by Jaco?

[quote name='tombboy' post='501875' date='May 30 2009, 08:04 PM']Getting back to the OP..............

You're right, it is!
Now, are you selling this or just showing off? :)[/quote]

Yes, you can buy it.

Thanks

Steve

Very enjoyable thread, and it seems a shame to spoil it by asking a serious question, but is that a 1-piece back?

The photos are very clear but I can't make out a join down the centre. If it's a 1-piece back then it's most unusual to see that with 'Blade' pickups; as far as I remember (without digging through my reference books) the 1-piece back was used briefly in the late 50's and then again for 1964 only.